“Used to be good... Not worth it anymore” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 469 restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: "This is a lovely, quiet restaurant with excellent Italian and European food. I'd love to get it onto Trip Advisor! It is reviewed on Degustapanama.com".
Toronto
“Used to be good... Not worth it anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I had been to Casa Tua once and the food and service were amazing. Unfortunately, that was not the case on my most recent visit. The restaurant is very cozy and you feel welcomed as you walk in. Everything started well but it went downhill after the appetizers were delivered.

We were a group of 8 people and we knew service could be a little slow... I was not pleased with the fact that we were actually ignored. We couldn't even get the waiter's attention to bring us water. I ordered the Frutti di Mare dish. The pasta was perfect al dente, but the seafood was overcooked. I was not impressed at all. One of the dishes for another guest was wrong and no apologies were made when we sent it back.

I will NOT go back to Casa Tua.

Visited May 2013

82% Recommend
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the fact that they always have great specials and the owner is out there trying to please every customer.

Visited February 2013
“Small but Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is definitely not a fancy place - very small and the owner visits each table, which is a nice touch. Food and wine menu are limited but we all found a plate that we were happy with. Service was above average for Panama, which is a plus. Eggplant parmesan was excellent! We will be returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had a wonderful parmigianna eggplant as an appetizer and great tiramisu as dessert, but my seafood risotto was so-so...

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Out of the ordinary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The two best things are the service and the atmosphere. Don't expect anything fancy in terms of the decor of the place. What appeals most is that it is kept simple and it gives you the feeling of sitting in someone's home. The place is small and cozy.

The owner is fantastic and knows how to make guests feel welcome. The food is good italian fare at a very reasonable price. It has the best coffee in town. Finally a barista that doesn't burn the beans and knows how to foam milk.

This is the place to go to if you have a hankering for a home cooked meal in a homely atmosphere with decent service. A nice break from all the pretentious places that never manage to deliver the same experience more than once.

• Visited February 2013