“Finally, delicious Thai food in Panama” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Panama City, Panama, Panama
“Finally, delicious Thai food in Panama”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a great, casual restaurant that is totally laid back and comfortable. My husband and I can't decide which soup we like better: the tom yum soup (spicy with clear broth and shrimp) or the tom kha gai soup (coconut milk with ginger and lemon grass, a bit sweet). The soup portions are huge and don't leave us much room for dinner, so we just share an entree. We have tried all the curries and they are very tasty and are served with white rice. The quantity of meat served in the curry is on the small side, but maybe we are just used to huge portions. And since it is so tasty, we just want to keep eating it! The lemonade with mint is delicious and refreshing.

The service is very attentive. The owner stops by our table every time to see if we are satisfied.

If you like authentic Thai food and want to go to a clean, casual, low-key place, Sukhi is for you.

“EXCELENTE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Anoche fue una experiencia increible, mi novio y yo queriamos experimentar el unico (por lo menos que yo sepa) restaurante Tailandes en Panama. Fuimos, y sere honesta, al principicio no estaba muy satisfecha con el lugar en si, pero bueno, en realidad iba preparada ya que los reviews que habia leido comentaban mucho de ese punto, era mas estilo cafeteria. Nos sentamos y ordenamos una botella de vino, y unos lettuce wraps de pollo. Estaban divinos!!! seguimos a nuestros platos fuertes.. y bueno, realmente ambos quedamos impresionados con lo deliciosos que estaban!!!! la chica que nos atendio, extremadamente amable, despues el propio dueno nos vino a saludar (me encantan esos detalles). Luego, analizando toda la experiencia, y esta perfecto el ambiente, incluyendo lo que inicialmente no me gusto! la idea del restaurante es "laid back" cero stress, comida rica, hecha cuentos, y vete contenta, de hecho creo que seria un lugar excelente para la primera cita, si es que quieres una cita super casual y a su vez diferene a lo que tradicionalmente se hace en ese tipo de situaciones. Felicidades Sukhi Tai!! Estas entre mis restaurantes favoritos!!

Last night was an incredible experience, my boyfriend and I wanted to experience the onle (at least to my knowledge) Thai restaurant in Panama. We went, and I'll be honest, at first I was not very satisfied with the place itself, however, I was prepared because I had read the reviews amd people did comment on the appearence of the place, it was more like a dinner. We sat down and ordered a bottle of wine and some chicken lettuce wraps. The lettuce wrap were exquisite! then follow our main courses .. and well, both of us were really impressed it was delicious!! the girl who waited on us, extremely friendly, then the owner himself came to greet us (I love those details). After analyzing all the experience, and the atmosphere is perfect, including what initially i did not like! the idea of the restaurant is "laid back" dont worry be happy style! I think it will make a great first date restaurant is you are thinking on being really casual but at the same time different!. Tai Sukhi Congratulations! Definitely one my favorite restaurants!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Unexpected find in Panama City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fantastic restaurant in central Panama City. Don't be out off by the subdued frontage, the food is authentically Thai cuisine. The restaurant ambience is simple, wait staff polite and friendly and the restaurant location ideal being close to big chain hotels and local residences.

Panama
“Chef Robert LaMont creates Thai magic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have visited Sukhi 30+ times in the last 1 1/2 yrs. with my husband,visiting relatives & many friends. Each dining event has been a culinary experience I treasure! Chef Lamont is British, he trained in Switzerland,traveled in Thailand a yr. & now delights Panama City with exceptional skills for creating cuisine of S.E. Asia. Robert's partner, Alessandra Barria & her parents, Omar & Malena Barria, follow the chef's absolute insistence on using only the freshest & traditional ingredients. True Thai basil is not found in all Thai eateries! Just try to eat only 1 order of Summer Rolls Vietnamitas; savor a Tom Yum here that beats any we've been served in11 countries; surprise every taste bud with Singapore Chili Prawns, Hot Sweet & Sour Tempura Tilapia or a Pad Thai you will dream about for months to come. Sukhi's owners have invested wisely in state-of-the-art equipment from Europe for the kitchen that provides levels of perfection in cooking not existing in most of the city. Here exists a casual spot on a shady street where you can dine at the table of a talent who receives 100% support from management, a creative, precise, intelligent chef whose dishes I lust for when away from the city. Yes please, have a seat at Sukhi. We're having Black Fried Squid & a curry next..mmmmnnnnnnnnn.

• Visited July 2012
Lady Lake, Florida
“Very Tasty Southeast Asian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you like SE Asian I do not believe this place can disappoint you. The service is attentive, and the decor is ikea minimalist. Very clean, well lit, high wooden tables with orange plastic highly set chairs. I like it. The fellow here who complains about the seats being hard is being over critical. If you have a bony posterior you should know to bring your own cushion.

Tell the cabby to take you to the sushi place (called Suchi, I think) by the Marriot near Calle 50 Este. There are several restaurants clustered around the hotel and casino there (including a lebanese joint with sheesha that I also recommend), and this place hasn't registered with any of the half dozen or so cabbies I've asked to take me there. It's on the corner just past - right next to - the sushi joint.

Open 1030 to 2300, but closed on Sunday, as we were sad to discover the other day..

Upshot: very highly recommended.