“Great guide! When above and beyond!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 106 Activities in Panama City
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small group tours with a focus on culture, nature, and adventure. All our tours are guided by local Panamanian guides with 10+ years of professional experience leading safe and informative tours in Panama. In them you will find a great sense of responsibility, safety awareness, and a keen interest to offer every single one of their guests a top quality personalized experience.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great guide! When above and beyond!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I wish we had more time to explore the old Panama City, but otherwise, our guide Briant was very informed about Panama City, provided great historical and social context for everything we saw, and even took us to a butterfly garden he supervises and advises for.

We had the extra benefit of visiting Panama City on Martyr's Day (50th anniversary of the protests against US control of the Canal Zone), and he explained the holiday, showed us demonstrations of the memorials, and provided more information than we would have gained had we just walked around the city.

Visited January 2014
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Tours Day Tours, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for this review. We are glad that you enjoyed our tour!

Silver City, New Mexico
22 attraction reviews
“Full Filled All My Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

First let me say I am not a fan of run of the mill commercial tours, but I rely on tours to maximize my time and money. I look for small independent, in country tour companies that have the itinerary that I want. I also look for tour leaders who have a special interest in the country. Next I compare itineraries and costs with some of the more commercial tours to determine the value of the tour. From the beginning my communication with Esther and Briant assured me I had made the right choice for a tour to Panama. I was told that even if only my friend and I signed up the tour would proceed. My friend's goal was to transit the Panama Canal and my life-time goal was to visit the San Blas Islands and purchase some molas for my fiber collection. We did all that and more. Briant, our guide was one of the best, negotiating changed flight schedules, sharing his passion for nature and frogs, and answering our many questions about Panama. Whatever we needed or wanted Briant was able to adjust and accommodate our needs. He checked and double checked up coming accommodations to make sure all was as it should be. We had lovely hotels through out the trip. OK, the accommodations on San Blas were definitely primitive and not for the faint of heart but I can do anything for two days and wouldn't have enjoyed the experience if we hadn't "gone native".
I rarely read up on a country before hand because I want to show up and just observe and absorb the culture. I was amazed at how modern Panama is compared to other Latin countries. Not a complaint but the only thing I wasn't impressed with was the food- way too bland for my palette.

Visited January 2014
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Tours Day Tours, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for this review. You are exactly the type of customer we enjoy working with: customers that want to avoid the large tour bus crowds! Next time I will cook for you with all the Panamanian flavor :) Thank you so much for taking our tour.
Costa Mesa, California
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our family of 4 (husband, wife, son 25 and daughter 22) all LOVED our adventure tour with Luis Calvo, who made our trip to Panama everything we had hoped for and more. We all grew quite fond of Luis (in only a week!), who took care of all our needs with aplomb, led us on amazing adventures, and provided great company as well. Though I am always a bit skeptical about promises to take tourists "off-the-beaten-track", Luis really did. Our hiking adventures in Santa Fe are among our lifetime travel highlights. We look forward to keeping in touch with Luis and returning to Panama to see him again in the near future!

Visited December 2013
Luis C, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Tours Day Tours, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for adopting me during the holidays, you made me feel like another member of your family! Hope to see you soon.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Nature tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I truly enjoyed our tour. It was informative and fun. We highly recommend taking the tour while in Panama

Visited January 2014
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Tours Day Tours, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you very much for taking our wildlife tour. We are glad you had a good time!
Dragoer, Denmark
“Highly recommendable guide and tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Briant Dominici was our guide, storyteller, teacher and pleasant travel companion for 5 days in Panama. Through his guiding we learned and discovered much more than the sights. Briants sincere interest for nature, people and society brings more perspective to eco-travel, which we appreciate very much. It is not only his education in both zoology and business management which makes him a qualified guide.
Our tour included night and day hiking in Santa Fe, beach visit on the Pacific coast, 2 days in Boquete and a full day combo program near Panama City (canal tour, jungle walk, Miraflores locks). All practical details concerning the itinerary were handled flawlessly.
My wife and I would like to recommend Briant to any respectful eco-traveller. And we would like to congratulate Panama with their fantastic nature and culture as well as their devoted ambassadors like Briant Dominici and his local guide partners.

Visited December 2013
Wow, I can only say thank you! I've never been called an ambassador before. Your words are very important to us and make us enjoy what we do even more. Thank you so much!