“Still excellent, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Rio de Janeiro
“Still excellent, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went back to Terrae and, as my previous post states, the food was all high quality.
It does seem that they have changed the menu a bit.
The burger selection has been shrunk and my only complaint is that this time the meat tasted as if it had been frozen. I'm certainly no food snob, but you can really tell the difference between fresh and frozen.
I am hoping this was just a "bad day" or something similar. I will return to see.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Panama-Taboga
“Delicious and first class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This charming restaurant is centrally located in Paitilla. Once inside i was in a charming, service oriented restaurant with an excellent menu. I have been twice, enjoyed one of their fresh salads and a blue cheese burger! Everything was delicious.

They have an outdoor area which is lovely for evenings, indoors, the design is comfortable, relaxing, original art on the walls by the owner, background music is soft and enjoyable, service excellent.

Try the fries! A delicious upscale change from the everyday french fry. We will return.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Panama City
“Mostly yummy, some things were a bit bland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I've been to Terrae a few times and overall it's pretty consistent. They seem to use quality ingredients (a lot of which are organic), although sometimes things were a little bland.

The burger was pretty tasty, although could have used a little more salt and seasoning. The Cesar salad was one of the weirdest plates I've received in a long time! It's served in a "deconstructed" manner, which makes it really difficult to eat. Individual full Romaine hearts and super hard croutons had potential but posed very challenging. Also 4 pieces of lettuce does not a salad make! Once I took the time to cut up all of the lettuce, it was a pretty small salad, but the dressing was pretty tasty.

The service was decent, although once I did see our appetizers sitting up at the pass for over 10 minutes. Other times the service was a bit better.

They have quite a nice patio and if they start adding a little more salt and seasoning to their food and expedite a little better, they would earn the fifth star.

Still worth a visit, if you're in the area.

One other thing to note: They have quite a lot of pork on the menu. Considering their location, they may was to add a few more things that cater to the kosher clientele in the area.

Visited February 2012
Rio de Janeiro
“Excellent food, good service, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My husband and I stumbled into this place after visiting friends in Punta Pacífica and have returned twice. Terrae has a very nice atmosphere that makes it appear to be a very upscale place, however the prices aren't ridiculous.
Each time I have been there I get the same waiter, who is very gracious.
The juices are fresh and excellent (try the strawberry/blueberry mix).
The appetizers are interesting and all the ones I've tried have been very good (eggplant lasagne, and another one with lamb), the salads are lovely and delicious, but the true star, in my opinion, is the hamburger.
Terrae has a fantastic list of hamburgers (which come in two sizes). Both the ones I've tried (Fresh and one with mushrooms) have been excellent. The french fries are fantastic as well.
Also, the pecan pie is to die for.
So far, all of the food I have had at this restaurant seems carefully prepared with high-quality ingredients.
As for prices - for two people each having an appetizer, a large hamburger, dessert, and juice the bill runs around $70.00.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Our First Organic restaurant in Panama City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

First, people seem to get lost finding this place, including us. When you take a taxi to get there, tell them to go half way between Super Kosher Grocery and Super 99 Grocery on Este Ramon Jurado. Not far from MultiCentro mall.

Sitting outside in the evening with a nice breeze was enjoyable after a hot day of hiking about. Waitress was very friendly with pretty good english. My wife ordered a Salmon dish with veggies, and I chose a USDA beef burger, "Merlot Burger" (smaller burger size option) and the salad. (why order fries in a place boasting organic?).
Bruschetta to start.
The interesting combinations mentioned in the menu were very tasty. One twist was that I was asked how I'd like the burger cooked, e.g. rare, med. etc. Being from Canada, all ground beef is cooked well. Anyways, I asked for well, and turned out only one bite full in middle of burger was not to satisfaction. Thus the one star penalty in rating.

Overall, with 200 restaurants currently on tripadvisor, I'd say this restaurant rates in the top 50. Current rating of #3 is a little high.

We'd eat here again.
Fairly priced for an organic restaurant. (organic tends to be slightly more expensive).

• Visited March 2012