Stayed here in the second week of January. We had reserved two beds and announced that we would arrive in the middle of the night. They confirmed and wrote that they had arranged for us to sleep in the livingroom as to not awake the other guests who were asleep in the dorms. For $5 we would get a bed, or we could chose to sleep on the couch for free. I chose the latter, my girlfriend chose a bed.
When we arrived at night we got the rudest welcoming ever. The staff made us feel very unwelcome, one woman looked at us as if she wanted us to go away again and they didn't know anything about our reservation etc. Eventually we could stay and I crashed on the couch. The next day we had to make our own pancakes although breakfast was included; the staff only made the batter. The only nice staff member was Alison, the rest of the staff didn't want to answer questions or couldn't because they didn't speak English. The second night we slept in dorm beds which were fine. When we wanted to check out the next day, there was no staff to see to it because they were still in bed. I had to enter a staff bedroom and gave money to a staff member who was laying in bed. Worst of all the price was way higher than what we had agreed on; I had to pay $5 for crashing on the couch and the dorm beds were also a lot more expensive.
I would definitely NOT recommended anyone to stay here, only because the staff were so very rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional while we were there. IF they would change their attitude this would be a good hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hostel Villa Vento Surf! A great place to meet other travellers. Our hostel is located in the beautiful and safe neighborhood of Marbella. We have a swimming pool in our garden, a great lounge where you can watch TV (new 50 plasma), listen to music, drink a beer. and just relax! Also we organize fun activities during the week. We offer the perfect balance between a fun and a relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are separated from the social areas for those who want an early night. We want you to feel like a traveller here, and not a tourist. You can come at any time (24 hours reception) and if the rooms are not ready yet, you can relax in the social areas. Last but not least, we arrange trips to San Blas and sailing trips to Cartagena! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Hostel Villa Vento Surf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Villa Vento Surf Hotel Panama City
- Hostel Villa Vento Surf Panama/Panama City