We have stayed at the MD for 8 nights in April. I booked the B&B through expedia, based on good reviews. We ordered a cab through MD and the owner, Jesus, came to pick us up with his SUV. Before we arrived at MD, he actually drove us to a site which we had a really good view of Panama City. It was a good bonus for us.
Upon arrival, I was a little disappointed with the size of the room (grape). I always had the impression that 4-5 stars reviews mean a 4-5 star hotel. I have to admit that the room and cleanliness are less than my expectation (sorry, I am used to N. American hotels). Very soon, I overlooked these issues as Jesus and Mauro were very helpful in many aspects.
They serve breakfast from 8 to 10am. Nothing fancy: egg, toast, fruit, coffee & juice. The food sure fills you up before you start the day. If it was not overtly busy, Jesus would chat with us during breakfast time and try to help us find the bus that we should take to places (Casco Viejo, Multicentro, Albrook Mall, Miroflores Lock etc). He also warned us that certain places might not be tourist friendly and we always took his advice.
MD is close to a bus stop where buses take you to Albrook Mall & bus terminal. From there you can tak bus to most places you wanted to visit.
There are many restaurants, a mall and 2 supermarkets close to MD (about 5 min walk). Hint: when you walk from MD to the Sak Mall or go to the bus stop, you can go through the parkade right next to Don Lee as a short-cut. It will save you 3-4 min of walking.
Overall I like the friendly service provided by Jesus and Mauro.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Dreams Hotel Panama City
- Mediterranean Dreams Hotel
- Mediterranean Dreams Panama/Panama City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Dreams is a Bed and Breakfast located in the center of Panama, have seven bedrooms, two with shared facilities and five suites with private bathroom each one is a fruit. Breakfast is included in the price and have dinner an additional service based on Mediterranean diet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Mediterranean Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.