“Bad Service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 111 Hotels in Panama City
Allen, Texas, USA
“Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Victoria Hotel & Suites from April 23rd thru April 28th. The rooms were clean and the free breakfast was filling. Upon check in I gave them a credit card for any incidentals but informed them I would pay with cash or my bank card for all charges. This worked most of the trip as the tour desk provided excellent service and I paid him through the front desk.
I booked a car to the airport on my last day. At first I agreed to pay with cash. However, a driver I had never met before showed to pick me up. I told him I would pay the front desk as I didn't feel comfortable given him cash without a receipt. Mario, the person at the front desk, proceeded to check me out. He inadvertently charged my credit card. I told him that was incorrect. He then ran the credit card again for a refund. Next he charged my bank card. I left thinking everything was fine. However, I have returned home and now have a $30 charge on my credit card and bank card. I informed the Victoria of this error. The first person I spoke to at the front desk recognize the error and said she would pass it on to management who would correct it. Needless to say, management has not done anything. I have been back for a week. All management has done is said they would look into it. After numerous calls and emails this situation does not seem it will be resolved. I have resorted to calling my credit card company and letting them know of the fraudulent charges. One last note, do not stay here and expect family or friends to come visit you. They charge an extra $43 for visitors.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
VictoriaPTY, Gerente at Clarion Victoria Hotel and Suites Panama, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Mr. McGowan,
We hope you had a safe flight back home.

First of all, our apologies for the inconvenient you had during your stay at this your home in Panama, Victoria Hotel & Suites.
Our staff is committed to provide the best in guest service and give our guests an enjoyable place during their stay.

We talked with our staff and definitely there was a miss understanding with the charges and the credit card they should use.
I saw all the emails you had with our Front Desk and on May 07th everything was ready, as you confirmed us by email.
Again, we are very sorry about this.
We are a family - friendly hotel and all family and friends from our guests are welcome.
We don´t make any charges for these people. I personally checked your bill and don´t have any charges. Please if this is not correct, don´t hesitate to contact us and will check it again.

Again, we are very sorry about the inconvenients you had during your stay. Every day with every guest we do our best to provide them satisfaction during their visit to our country.

We hope to have the opportunity of receiving you during a next visit to our country, and show you we made the necessary corrections to avoid this or any other inconvenient.

VICTORIA HOTEL & SUITES PANAMA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dartmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our first time to Panama - the hotel amenities, staff and service at Victoria Hotel & Suites was superb.
Hotel: First class centrally located; continental breakfast was included; large clean corner suite; Wifi worked great - would stay again..
Staff: Though we did not speak Spanish front desk staff spoke English and were very knowledgeable. We took there directions and dining recommendations nightly for 4 nights and were not disappointed. Housekeeping staff were courteous & willing to make us as comfy as possible and our room was spotless. The front door/Concierge & dining staff were helpful, polite and professional.
Service: Excellent - better than some "5 stars"

Room Tip: Had corner room on 7th Floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
VictoriaPTY, Director General at Clarion Victoria Hotel and Suites Panama, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear customer:

We are very grateful that he has shared the details of your experience in our hotel.
Please note that all information you provide will help us to provide better quality service to all our guests.

We assure you that we strive every day to continue to provide the quality service that clients deserve. and for our part we would like in your next visit we are still the hotel of your choice.

Greetings.
Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We spent three nights at this hotel, located in a safe area of Panama City. We received a executive room at 8th floor. Room was large, very clean and the AC not very noisy. At the top flor, the 9th, there is a terrace with a small pool and a spectacular view over the city. Also, if you are a smoker is a good option not to go down nine floors. Near the hotel there are few inexpensive restaurants, souvenir shops and a big supermarket.
Unfortunately, when we get to the hotel we were welcome by a receptionist who seemed to know nothing about what can you do in the city. She was even unable to locate the hotel on the city map. Luckily for us, we were approached by Obirne, the Colombian guy who work for Casa Blanca travel agency located inside the hotel. He is a very good guide and a nice man and he has many tours to offer, included transportaion to/from hotel. Ask about him an you will have a more pleasent stay in Panama City.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
VictoriaPTY, Director General at Clarion Victoria Hotel and Suites Panama, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear customer:

keep in mind that all details will help us to provide better quality service to all our guests.

We assure you that we strive every day more to continue offering quality service that clients deserve. and for our part we would like in your next visit we continue to be your hotel of choice.

Greetings.
Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here four nights when visiting Panama. Everything was good about this hotel, so glad I chose Victoria hotel & suite. Check-in & checkout process was very smooth. Room & bathroom was clean and spacious.Bed was comfortable. Internet worked perfectly fine for us. We liked the breakfast buffet, the items change every day, not like some others hotels you have the same things over and over. On top of that there's also egg cook to order, very good. Location of the hotel also very convenient, close to shopping, restaurants and casinos. Taxis stop right in front of the hotel so you can hail one anytime. But my suggestion : walk a little bit out of the hotel area, you can pay half of what you pay for the one right in front of the hotel.
Staffs were very friendly and helpful, some speak English well and some don't. Aurelijo, the bellman/concierge was super nice, he will answer all the questions for you, tell you where to eat and even recommend what dishes to order in what restaurant and always have a smile on his face.
We traveled a lot and stayed in all kind of hotel all over the world. All I can say is Victoria hotel & suite is the place to stay when you're in Panama. You cann't go wrong with this place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
VictoriaPTY, Director General at Clarion Victoria Hotel and Suites Panama, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear guest:

We are so grateful that you have shared the details of their experiences in our hotel. We assure you that we strive to continue to provide the quality service that guests deserve.
and for our part we would love to visit on your next choice would be their hotel. Greetings
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is a very good deal for the value. People at the reception were kind from the moment I arrived until I left. However, Aurelio was the best. He was very professional and offered excellent restaurant recommendations as well as information about attractions and activities. The hotel was quick in fixing any issues that arose while I was a guest. The hotel is walking distance to many restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacies and shoping areas. Breakfast was included in the price I paid and I found it to be very satisfying. The hotel felt safe, this was important to me since I was traveling solo. The bedroom was comfortable and I enjoyed a nice view of the city since the room was located on the 8th floor. I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family traveling to Panama.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
VictoriaPTY, Director General at Clarion Victoria Hotel and Suites Panama, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback.
We are very happy because it was completely satisfying stay. We thank many if you recommend us to their acquaintances. Also we are very pleased if you choose us as your lodging choice when visiting Panama City again.
Regards!
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We traveled with a group of five to Panama City and found a great internet deal through Tingo.com and positive Tripadvisor reviews for the Victoria Hotel and Suites. I reserved two rooms with double sized beds and made a request for adjoining rooms on the reservation and even called the Victoria directly 72-hours beforehand to reconfirm. Unfortunately when we arrived they could not accommodate the connecting rooms. Not a show stopper and still had a wonderful time overall.

What we enjoyed were:
Central location to the shopping centers of Multicentro and Multiplaza by Taxi
Many restaurants within 10 minute walking distance
Wyndham Veneto Casino right at the end of the street
El Rey 24 hour Supermarcdo around the corner
Breakfast Buffet included to start the day's adventures
Recreation with the Exercise Room, Pool and Deck on the 9th flr

Special thanks to Aurelijo Q, Bellman/Ambassador/Concierge that always greeted us with a warm smile and offered many wonderful recommendations for sights, activities, eats and places to visit during our stay. Housekeeping staff were attentive whenever we needed extra towels and cleaning.

Room Tip: Make your request with your reservation for either two double size beds or a single queen. There a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your valuable comments.
Sorry for not to have been able to provide the requirement of rooms as you requested. However we are very happy because you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you in a not very distant future.
Regards!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location, comfortable beds and clean rooms. I had a long day ahead of me but fortunately I had a quiet stay, the wake up call was reliable. Bathroom included all expected amenities. Very good business center and helpful staff. The price was reasonable. The hotel arranged our transport to the airport very early in the morning. I will stay again in Hotel Victoria on my next trip to Panama City.

• Stayed March 2013
VictoriaPTY, Director General at Clarion Victoria Hotel and Suites Panama, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments.We are very pleased to know that.
We hope to lodge you in the future.

Best regards from Panama!

Been to Clarion Victoria Hotel and Suites Panama? Share your experiences!