“Great tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 86 activities in Panama City
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Local tour operator with local guides offering the best value tours in Colon and Panama City since 1994, if you really like to learn about Panama under the local perspective try with us!
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

12 of us did a Panama Canal and Embera Indian village tour with Mario(all the guides seem to be called Mario) whilst in Colon for a Port day on cruise. He had his son, Dylan aged 6, with him. We went first to the village of Embera Quera. The river was very low but the boat trip was amazing. We saw Toucan, monkeys, sloth and other wildlife. We did a walk around the village garden looking at plants for natural remedies. Looked at the school/classroom and danced with the Embera. We had a delicious lunch of fresh fruit(best we had in 3 weeks) and fish and plantains. Our 4 children thought it was yummy. We bought a few crafts and enjoyed the time in the village. On our way back to the ship, we stopped at Gatun Locks for an hour to watch some ships pass through(as we had the day before) and see it from a different perspective. This was a great tour(voted best tour on our 15 night cruise by our children) and we highly recommend it.

McAllen, Texas
“I Won Big On My Gamble With My Friend Mario-Day Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had never been to the country of Panama. I wanted to schedule 3 days of tours in April 2013. I wanted to see Fort San Lorenzo and the related jungle, I wanted to go fishing in the Panama Canal, and I wanted a tour of Panama City. My big question was whether I wanted to gamble on one tour agency providing a great experience or choose 3 different tour groups. I decided to use My Friend Mario for all my tours. I won on this gamble. Each tour was a wonderful experience. I have already given friends in the United States the contact information for My Friend Mario for their own adventures to Panama.

Crystal Lake, Illinois
“A not to be missed tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

There is no better way to spend a long lay-over then to have day tour of Panama City, and the canal. Young Mario was on his game. He saw we were a bit groggy and still hung with us. We were amazed awake by the sights and facts. The lunch was very good also.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Mario 4 gave us a very helpful and ENGAGING tour of Panama City. We had about 7 hours free during our layover, and Mario was able to adapt the tour "on the fly" so we could see what we wanted. For example, he drove us to Gamboa and helped us spot monkeys and sloths (we never would have seen them without his spotting them in the trees!). We also stopped by the fish market for lunch (which was AWESOME--ceviche--YUM!) before ending our tour at the canal. Anyway, Mario was super friendly, knowledgeable, and he made sure we got the most out of the time we had in the city! I would highly recommend this company.

Camarillo, California
“Informative tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My friend and I arranged a tour for our long (10 hour) layover in Panama. Mario #1 met us at customs and took the two of us on a fantastic tour of Panama. He was very knowledable and informed about the history of Panama and knew the roads and sights well. We were able to get out and walk around leisurely and did not feel rushed at all. We stopped for lunch before going to the canal. This tour was a great value and a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone on a layover in Panama.