“Kayaking the Chagres River with Adventuras Panama” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 86 activities in Panama City
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Adventures Panama or Aventuras Panama is the adventure outfitter pioneer, in business since 1994. It offers one day adventures or several day multisport itineraries that involve rafting, snorkeling, kayaking, biking, hiking, camping and more in remote areas such as Chagres National Park, Chiriqui Highlands, San Blas Archipelago, and others. Located in Panama City. It is a full service outfitter with a Tour Operator license.Customer satisfaction, nature conservation, and community involvement are its main values.
winfield
“Kayaking the Chagres River with Adventuras Panama”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Panama and on our last day we went with Adventuras Panama on a kayak trip down the Chagres River to the Caribbean Sea.
It was amazing seeing the different birds, monkeys, and fish jumping as we paddled down the river.This was an easy paddle till we got closer to the opening of the sea but most people should be able to handle it. We put in buy the Gatun Dam and total paddle was about 9 km.
Our guide Chris was very helpful and informative and after a light lunch at the San Lorenzo Fort we headed back to Panama City.
If you want something unique to do while in Panama I would highly recommend it.

Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Aventuras Panama Day Trips, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your Very Good Review. If there is anything else that you would like on it that we can do to procure Excellent reviews from our future guests please share it with us. Our commitment is toward excellence, nothing less.

I like this trip very much due to the many components on it that makes it unique. We go accross the only Panama Canal Locks that allows it because they are designed to become a bridge when close, Gatun Locks. We get to see Gatun Dam which makes possible the Panama Canal main body of water that ships use to go across the isthmus, Gatun Lake. We paddle expedition kayaks in Chagres River, from Gatun Dam all the way to the Caribbean Ocean through virgin jungle. And then, at the end, we visit Forth San Lorenzo built by Spaniard Conquistadores to seal Chagres River mouth from pirates upstream incursions.

So much, packaged in a day trip.

Panama City, Panama
“Rio Mamoni´s day trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a blast doing the rafting trip in Rio Mamoni, we had all-in-one excitement experience with the great team from Aventura's Panama who made the experience above are expectations. It was summer season at the time we took the trip, I would strongly recommend if interest in doing rafting to be towards winter season to have a really adrenaline rush! Overall, very content!

Visited March 2013
Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Aventuras Panama Day Trips, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your Very Good Review. Please let us know what it takes to turn it into an Excellent Review.

Mamoni river water level is so dry now that we are only paddling in duckies (inflatable kayaks) until we get some rain again. Still a lot of fun if you are aware on what to expect
Panama City, Panama
“Great Experience - River Rafting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had an excellent rafting experience in Rio Mamoni last weekend.

The crew of Adventuras Panama is very dinamic and have the necesary knowledge and experience to do this kind of trip... they take care of everything, so you dont have to worry about anything just to have Fun!

I totally recommend it, you will enjoy the whole trip!

Visited March 2013

Mamoni river water level is so dry now that we are only paddling in duckies (inflatable kayaks) until we get some rain. Still a lot of fun if you are aware on what to expect
Brisbane, Australia
“Sea Kayaking around Taboga island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had an excellent day kayaking with Adventuras around Taboga island. Was an easy day trip from Panama City and a nice change of scenery from the big city. The guides were great and the equipment excellent. Would highly recommend this tour and company

Visited March 2013
Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Aventuras Panama Day Trips, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your excellent review on trip and company. I also wish to thank you for being one of the first participant on it, our first trip around Taboga Island.

Once a teenager I tried to hike around the island with our boy scout troop and we found it to be impossible due to the rough terrain and cliffs that looked so beautiful while paddling around it !

Remember those rocks that looked as if they had received snow recently, and to your surprise you found out it was pelicans doing. Well avoiding it paddling instead of hiking was also a great idea !

Definetely we got a new great paddling trip to offer.
Seattle, Washington
17 attraction reviews
“Chagres River rafting and San Blas kayaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Wonderful 5 day excursion! Chris was an amazing guide, the best I have encountered. The company went out of their way to make a trip happen for me since their website allowed me mistakenly to sign up for another trip online. I am so glad that something worked out as the trip was a highlight of my travels through Panama! White water rafting down the Chagres was great; nice hike to begin the day, adventurous rapids, calm and peaceful otherwise. Chris explained things clearly and I always felt safe and well informed while having a lot of fun. Soon to be guide Tyler was also on the trip and he was amazing as well. We spent the evening in an Embera village which exceeded my expectations as well. Fun to get this unique cultural experience. The waterfall tour the next day from the village was a lot of fun as well. My San Blas adventure exceeded expectations. Boat ride from Carti was a bit choppy but not so bad. Then a day of relaxation with sea kayaking and snorkeling on some of the most beautiful water I've ever seen. The islands were so peaceful and beautiful. Chris knew the good spots to snorkel. Spent the night in basic cabins in the San Blas which were pretty comfortable as well. These were fully packed, adventurous days but I felt like I had ample time to relax. The drivers (car and boat) were excellent and I always felt safe on the 4x4 trails. Chris went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, well fed, and well hydrated. His meal and snack selection is great; I appreciated how much fresh stuff was available considering how remote of areas we were in. Chris let me take a bunch of pictures on his waterproof cameras which we were able to exchange later. He even met me the night prior to departure to discuss the itinerary in detail and see what questions, concerns, and expectations I had. This trip was well worth the money. Chris and Javier were both very responsive to emails as well. Because of the computer glitch the company even threw in a free Panama City day tour, which was unexpected and very nice! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who is interested in some adventure tours in Panama.

Visited February 2013
Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Aventuras Panama Day Trips, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
It was great taking you in our favorite destinations, Chagres National Park and San Blas Archipelago. I hope you can visit us again soon.