“a must go if looking for real peruvian food.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Phone: 264-9308
SJU
“a must go if looking for real peruvian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Nice service, great food, obviously Corvina is the specialty - Corvina ceviche was good,
Chiclayan seafood rice was an excellenTTT entree, 8.5/10 pisco, nice sangria. Affordable prices in an informal ambiance. Definetly included in my Panama City short list.

• Visited October 2013

Montevideo, Uruguay
“Extremely attentive, and pretty good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We met up with a friend here for an early dinner, and there were some other people there, but not very many. The food was pretty good. I had been craving Papa a la Huancaína and they had it so we had that as an appetizer. I wished I would have just ordered a couple of those for my actual dish. There was typically a server standing about 10 feet away from us the entire time, which was partially nice because they were very attentive, and partially made me feel watched.

It was super close to our hotel so if we had stayed any longer I'm sure we would have been back. Although, we brought our baby with us and they had high chairs but it wasn't particularly kid friendly, and I would probably not try to eat dinner there during her bedtime again.

Visited August 2013
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Little Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had several things but the fried ceviche was the best food I've had in Panama! It consists of chunks of fried corvina that is then served with a kind of mildly pickled crunchy, fresh onion mixture. It hits all the tastes that make food wonderful. They also feature about 15 other corvina dishes that are all delicious. Give it a try.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Peruvian food in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My mom and I went to this restaurant on our first night in Panama City basically right after we had landed and checked in to our hotel. We were able to walk there from our hotel, The Veneto. The restaurant is in a great location; it is very easy to find with a sign out front that cannot be missed. We were pretty tired from our travels and wanted a nice meal, and this restaurant did not disappoint us. My mom had traveled to Peru before, and she noted that the food was just about what she had there as well. The prices are right, the service was good (the people are nice and friendly), and the food was excellent. The decor is also pretty. We were seated right away (it was a Wed. night).

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good Peruvian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I dated a Peruvian for several years and have eaten a lot of Peruvian food. This isn't the best food I've ever had but its good standard fare. The restaurant was nice and the service was better then other restaurants I've been to in the city. My aji de gallina had chicken skin in it which threw me off a bit but it was still tasty. Overall I enjoyed it and would eat there again.

• Visited August 2013