“High quality food, service so-so” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Phone: 264-9308
Vancouver
“High quality food, service so-so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We tried this restaurant based on other reviews, and certainly weren't disappointed. Living in Vancouver we're spoiled with delicious food, and the quality for the price of is unbeatable! Entrees are around $13-$15 and for what you get, that's fantastic. I had the sea bass hiroshima, which was slightly asian-tasting and oh-so delicious. The portion of sea bass was large, and I really felt like I was getting much more than what I paid for (by North American standards, at least). My fiance ordered the rice with squid ink - which also seemed to be very popular that night in the restaurant - and he said it was just amazing. The Pisco Sours were tasty drinks, but I wasn't blown away by them as other reviewers have mentioned - although they certainly were strong! Around $60 for our meal, and the service is included on the bill.

Downside: the service wasn't that great. Our waiter, although he seemed to be friendly when we left, forgot to bring our drinks, and then didn't come back to us until the meal was over. We had to flag down different waiters to get our drinks and to ask for the bill.

Visited December 2012

79% Recommend
Boston, MA
“Ate there twice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place was around the corner from our hotel, so we ate there both at the beginning and at the the end of our Panama trip. It was good both times. The langostinos with garlic butter were delicious both times. We had several corvina dishes and all were good. To start, once we had a ceviche (OK, but we had better ones later), and the classic Peruvian causa (terrific if you like potatoes every which way, which I do). And the pisco sours were excellent. Service is fine, especially considering that they always seem to have large groups in the private rooms. The spicy fried yucca is also good.

Visited December 2012
Volcan, Panama
“Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Well presented on the plate which started the taste buds going. Good value for the,money. The chef obviously goes in for preparing the vegetables in an eye-pleasing way. True, that doesn't alter the taste, but few chefs today take the extra time to make that all important first impression. When the plate lands on the table -and before you have eaten a single mouthful-you are allready "Enjoying" the meal.

Panama City, Panama
“Machu Picchu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The service at Machu Picchu is better than average in Panama City. The food is always excellent - and the pisco sours are highly recommended. Each time I've been it's been with a group of 6 and everyone was pleased with the menu choices. I don't think you could go wrong.

Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was my first expereince eating Peruvian food and I was really impressed! We dint have reservations, but it was a weekday night & it wasnt very crowded. The food is fantastic, fresh and the service is good. Food came out in time, important as were starving :) Not pricey for what I was told is very authentic Perivian food. I am adding Peruvian food to my Favs list now. They had Seabass prepared in like 40 or more ways :) All the recommendations provided were spot on. Liked the theme & decor! Decent sized portions.

• Visited November 2012