“Comfortable Hotel in Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #38 of 107 Hotels in Panama City
Columbus, Ohio
“Comfortable Hotel in Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The staff at the hotel were friendly, informative about the area, and their English was excellent at the front desk. Breakfast was a nice variety of foods and always hot. Internet was fast and reliable. Location of hotel was in a great area down town. Within walking distances of a few great restaurants. Valet parking was complimentary. Food were very clean and quiet. Would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pointe-à-Pierre, Victoria, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great little hotel, it's located in the heart of restaurants, clubs, bars and casinos....the room was clean, the bathroom was also very clean, the bed was very comfortable.... only problems i had were that there wasn't enough lighting in the room and the bathroom floor got a little wet when the shower was used.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a great hotel in a great location. Getting there from the airport was a bit difficult since we arrived during rush hour. It took almost 1.5 hours. The ride back to the airport took less than 30. The hotel is very close to a bunch of excellent restaurants and is also right next to the main night club area. I have one MAJOR gripe, though. We had a bellman get us a car to take us to the canal. It cost us WAY too much. I'm too embarrassed to say how much we payed. I only realized this afterwards when I did some research (which I clearly should have done beforehand). Do not let the hotel get you a car. There are plenty of yellow taxis that hang around the hotel. The will cost you significantly less. Don't be like me and get taken advantage of.

Room Tip: Get your own taxi when you want to go somewhere.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The new Hilton Hotel in Panama City opens later in 2013. Until then, the DoubleTree is the best bet for using our Hilton Honor Points in PC. It is located in a very good neighborhood with shopping and restaurants in easy walking distance. Service staff was very helpful. Room was very clean with a bathroom equipped with a bathtub and a separate shower. Very satisfied with this use of our HH Points.

• Stayed February 2013
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

the air conditioning was great. after walking around every day in the heat, it was nice to be able to have the room cool enough to make us feel relieved immediatly relieved once we returned.

We walked to the local casino, and lots of local restraraunts.

if you dont mind walking away from the hotel, cabs were much cheaper, if we caught one ourselfs, as opposed to having the hotel call one for us. Cabs are cheap, and I think we paid $12 for a ride to the Miraflores locks

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We traveled to Panama City for our honeymoon and were upgraded to a suite upon arrival due to using Hilton points. The room was great and the location was nice, as it was close to restaurants, shopping and the nightlife. The staff was friendly, but did not give good directions and we ended up going the wrong way on more than one occasion because of them. We stayed for two nights and during the stay there were two times when the entire hotel completely lost power. Once we noticed from across the street, and the second time while we were in the room. It was unpleasant, but only a few moments before it was up and running again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolf A, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Nicole B,

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I thank you for selecting us for such a special occasion as your honeymoon and truly apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel including experiencing some power-outages. Gladly the hotel's back-up power station went online to cover the matter. In addition, I do apologize if our staff giving you bad directions. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues do not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Wolf Alexandrovich
DoubleTree by Hilton Panama City
Arlington, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Overall, our actual stay at the Doubletree was excellent. The facility was nice, the location was nice, the staff were accomodating. We especially liked the rooftop pool with nice views of the city. In terms of the experience, this hotel was up to the Hilton and Doubletree brand standards. We enjoyed our time there.

However, at this time I am compelled to write a negative review of this establishment because of fraudulent charges which it has levied against my account. I reserved this hotel well in advance of my stay (7 months) through hilton.com using my HHonors account. I was quoted a very reasonable price, with taxes and everything, as hilton.com always does. When I checked out, the hotel refused to provide an invoice or receipt. I asked for it in both English and Spanish. The desk agent pretended to not know what I was talking about. This should have been a red flag. In a hurry to catch a flight, I gave up and left. Sure enough, at the end of my trip, I check my credit card and the charge is $80 higher than it should have been. And, coincidentally (just a coincidence, I am sure), there is no receipt available on my Hhonors online account!! It just shows an "error"...hmm, of all my Hilton stays over a number of years, the ONE that has incorrect charges also has no visible receipt.

So I inquire with HHonors customer service, who checks back with the hotel. The hotel notifies them that an extra charge per night was added "due to a child being added to the reservation". First off, hilton can see online that I made no changes to the reservation. Secondly, I don't have any children, and the desk agent saw that. This is ridiculous and clearly fraudulent behavior.

I am currently trying to work through the Hilton customer service red tape and don't know if I will ever see a resolution to this issue.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better, because it is a big city and there is street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolf A, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Collin W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I was very happy to read from your review that you found our hotel to be conveniently located and that our staff was accommodating. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and comfortable stay.

I do however understand your disappointment regarding some of issues with the billing process. I truly apologize for the confusion with the charges you incurred and after reviewing the case we processed the proper reimbursement on January 10th.

Again I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you in Panamá.

Wolf Alexandrovich
DoubleTree by Hilton Panamá City

Been to DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City? Share your experiences!