“A quiet corner of paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #57 of 106 hotels in Panama City
Lewiston, Idaho
“A quiet corner of paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were very pleased with the Garden Wyndham hotel as it was both quiet and its employees were very thoughtful and helpful. It has a wonderful location in a very safe downtown location and is a quick cab ride to any place in the city. There are several very good restaurants with in a block or two and tons of shopping within a five block walk. The rooms were very decent and the beds were most comfortable. The morning breakfasts were more than the typical continental breakfast. The food was good and even a diabetic like myself had plenty of good protein items and not just straight carbs. I would strongly recommend this hotel for any family or couple that just need a good quality hotel. The only down side was the lack of a pool.

Room Tip: No pool and we didn't ever check the spa facility.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanishka J, Gerente at Wyndham Garden Panama City, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear reesrjobs

Thanks so much for taking time to post your positive comments about our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham Garden again the next time your plans bring you to Panama!

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atenas, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, there was no power on the floor to which we had been assigned. They moved us to another hotel, which was probably a good thing, as the staff at Wyndham was inefficient, surly and uncaring. I had reconfirmed the reservation prior to arrival and they mentioned nothing about the problems.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HotelWyndhamGardenP, Revenue Manager at Wyndham Garden Panama City, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for your time spent rating us. In behalf of the team of the Wyndham Garden, we would like to apologize for the fortuitous inconvenience you had in our hotel.

In a very respectful and humble way, we hope to have a new opportunity to rectify any displeasure our incident may have caused you.

We look forward for you to give us the opportunity to be your hosts again, with the commitment of offering you the best service and quality you deserve

Yara Rumaldo Fábrega
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well for the past year, I have been busy renovating my home after a grease fire so traveling has been limited. I had to use a Delta ticket before the end February 2013 so I traveled to Panama City Panama and stayed at the Wyndham Garden. Overall the hotel was ok, but truly reflected the price which was very affordable. The room is very spacious but the decor is kind of odd. There was no dresser to put your clothes in. You had to place them on shelves in the closet. The floors are all marble so when you step out of the shower or spill ice on the floor, watch out. There was two King size beds in the room, though I only requested one. I thought at first this was odd, but the second bed came in very handy for dropping packages and dirty clothes on. The hair dryer leaves alot to be desired. I have very short hair and it took over 30 minutes to dry it. The shower in my room though somewhat strong spayer, leaked half the water down the wall. I don't know maybe it was clogged. However there is a very good safe. The sodas and snacks in the fridge are kind of pricey. Walk down the street and go to the 24 hour restaurant cafeteria on the corner and get your drinks an meals from there at half the price and place them in your fridge. I took out the hotels snacks and drinks an put them on top of the fridge and my stuff inside.

You have to get ice down stairs at the bar. Bring the ice bucket from the fridge in your room. Though there is a dining room that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner the menue is very limited and a bit pricey. I located 2 cafeterias in the area and just took take out back to the room. Unfortunately there is no microwave in the rooms. There is no spa, pool, whirlpool, nor casino on the premises. I think this hotel is for business travelers mostly.

Again, the hotel is very average, but it is centrally located in the city. A taxi from the airport to the hotels costs between $25 and $35 dollars per person. The staff speaks very little English. However Enrique the bell boy is fabulous and a great tour guide. Me an another woman spent the day visiting the Panama Canal, The Causeway, and The Old City. We got to also go shopping as well. Our driver Hyman only charged each of us $50 for the entire day which began at 10:00 am. and ended at 6:00 pm. It was an exciting day and lots to see. We got to eat a local lunch as well and had cocktails later in the day at a very posh hotel that served sushi and faboulous Italian Margaritas. Ask Enrique about the "2 to 5" tour ... he will know what you mean.

Overall Wyndham Garden was ok for the money I spent. 6 nights cost $572.00 which was reasonable for me. However, next time I visit Panama I will stay at a beach resort.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HotelWyndhamGardenP, Revenue Manager at Wyndham Garden Panama City, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for all of your comments. They are our motivation in our quest of improving to serve you better. We highly appreciate you taking the time to rate and review us.

Please be sure that your important comments are being followed up, in order to give all our guests our best.

If your next stay in Panama includes coming to the city, please don’t hesitate to contact us: we will be honored if we can serve you again, with the engagement of offering you the excellent service and quality you deserve.

Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I didn't actually stay here. I booked a couple of months ahead (through a travel website) because the hotel appeared to be clean and quiet. Arrived at the hotel only to be told that the hotel was being remodeled, their was no room available for me, and I was being transferred to a "five star hotel", the Hotel El Panama.

Only they didn't consider that I wanted a quiet hotel that wasn't in the casino/red light district.

Only they didn't consider that I was meeting friends, who had booked separately, and that we had arranged for a tour to pick us up at the Wyndham Garden at 6 am the next morning. It wasn't clear where my friends would end up.

Only they obviously knew they were remodeling before I arrived at the front desk, but they didn't tell me ahead of time.

They cost me a wasted hour transferring to the other hotel and a sleepless night while I worried about whether my friends and the tour would all find out about the new rendezvous in time.

The room at the Panama was undoubtedly better, since the Wyndham Garden's lobby turned out to be scruffy and not all that clean. And the front desk did try to help when I explained the problem, but their command of English wasn't great and neither was their follow-through. (There was no reservation at the Panama for my friends when they arrived.)

So I end up with a one star review. The transfer with no advance notice is simply unforgivable.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. On behalf of our team we apologize for the inconveniences caused in our hotel.

In a very humble way, we hope you to give us an opportunity to amend any discomfort our incident may have caused you. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly in your next visit: we will be honored if we can serve you, with the engagement of offering you the excellent service and quality you deserve.

chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The room and the bathroom were large and comfortable, but nothing else was quite right. Our safe didn't work, the toilet barely flushed,and the room wasn't really clean. Most of the corners looked as if they hadn't been touched in months and there were remnants of prior tenants. None of the staff seemed to care, except for Enrique, the bellman/doorman/safe fixer/taxi negotiator/ reservation maker. He tried to help us in all those areas, whereas the front desk staff seemed to look through us. The expanded continental breakfast would have been fair if they actually replenished the food. When we got there at 7:30, they were out of many things, and some things were never refilled in the time we were there. Maybe if the price is really cheap, it would be okay for a night, but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Garden Panama City Hotel.

Thank you for dedicating us your reviews. We're pleased that your find our staff helpful. We will like to inform you that we give a follow up to all your comments, which are crucial in our quality review.

We look forward for you to give us the oportunity to be your hosts again, with the commitment of offering you the best service and quality you deserve.

Yara Rumaldo

Been to Wyndham Garden Panama City? Share your experiences!