“Clean and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #59 of 107 Hotels in Panama City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well for the past year, I have been busy renovating my home after a grease fire so traveling has been limited. I had to use a Delta ticket before the end February 2013 so I traveled to Panama City Panama and stayed at the Wyndham Garden. Overall the hotel was ok, but truly reflected the price which was very affordable. The room is very spacious but the decor is kind of odd. There was no dresser to put your clothes in. You had to place them on shelves in the closet. The floors are all marble so when you step out of the shower or spill ice on the floor, watch out. There was two King size beds in the room, though I only requested one. I thought at first this was odd, but the second bed came in very handy for dropping packages and dirty clothes on. The hair dryer leaves alot to be desired. I have very short hair and it took over 30 minutes to dry it. The shower in my room though somewhat strong spayer, leaked half the water down the wall. I don't know maybe it was clogged. However there is a very good safe. The sodas and snacks in the fridge are kind of pricey. Walk down the street and go to the 24 hour restaurant cafeteria on the corner and get your drinks an meals from there at half the price and place them in your fridge. I took out the hotels snacks and drinks an put them on top of the fridge and my stuff inside.

You have to get ice down stairs at the bar. Bring the ice bucket from the fridge in your room. Though there is a dining room that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner the menue is very limited and a bit pricey. I located 2 cafeterias in the area and just took take out back to the room. Unfortunately there is no microwave in the rooms. There is no spa, pool, whirlpool, nor casino on the premises. I think this hotel is for business travelers mostly.

Again, the hotel is very average, but it is centrally located in the city. A taxi from the airport to the hotels costs between $25 and $35 dollars per person. The staff speaks very little English. However Enrique the bell boy is fabulous and a great tour guide. Me an another woman spent the day visiting the Panama Canal, The Causeway, and The Old City. We got to also go shopping as well. Our driver Hyman only charged each of us $50 for the entire day which began at 10:00 am. and ended at 6:00 pm. It was an exciting day and lots to see. We got to eat a local lunch as well and had cocktails later in the day at a very posh hotel that served sushi and faboulous Italian Margaritas. Ask Enrique about the "2 to 5" tour ... he will know what you mean.

Overall Wyndham Garden was ok for the money I spent. 6 nights cost $572.00 which was reasonable for me. However, next time I visit Panama I will stay at a beach resort.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HotelWyndhamGardenP, Revenue Manager at Wyndham Garden Panama City, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for all of your comments. They are our motivation in our quest of improving to serve you better. We highly appreciate you taking the time to rate and review us.

Please be sure that your important comments are being followed up, in order to give all our guests our best.

If your next stay in Panama includes coming to the city, please don’t hesitate to contact us: we will be honored if we can serve you again, with the engagement of offering you the excellent service and quality you deserve.

Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I didn't actually stay here. I booked a couple of months ahead (through a travel website) because the hotel appeared to be clean and quiet. Arrived at the hotel only to be told that the hotel was being remodeled, their was no room available for me, and I was being transferred to a "five star hotel", the Hotel El Panama.

Only they didn't consider that I wanted a quiet hotel that wasn't in the casino/red light district.

Only they didn't consider that I was meeting friends, who had booked separately, and that we had arranged for a tour to pick us up at the Wyndham Garden at 6 am the next morning. It wasn't clear where my friends would end up.

Only they obviously knew they were remodeling before I arrived at the front desk, but they didn't tell me ahead of time.

They cost me a wasted hour transferring to the other hotel and a sleepless night while I worried about whether my friends and the tour would all find out about the new rendezvous in time.

The room at the Panama was undoubtedly better, since the Wyndham Garden's lobby turned out to be scruffy and not all that clean. And the front desk did try to help when I explained the problem, but their command of English wasn't great and neither was their follow-through. (There was no reservation at the Panama for my friends when they arrived.)

So I end up with a one star review. The transfer with no advance notice is simply unforgivable.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. On behalf of our team we apologize for the inconveniences caused in our hotel.

In a very humble way, we hope you to give us an opportunity to amend any discomfort our incident may have caused you. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly in your next visit: we will be honored if we can serve you, with the engagement of offering you the excellent service and quality you deserve.

chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The room and the bathroom were large and comfortable, but nothing else was quite right. Our safe didn't work, the toilet barely flushed,and the room wasn't really clean. Most of the corners looked as if they hadn't been touched in months and there were remnants of prior tenants. None of the staff seemed to care, except for Enrique, the bellman/doorman/safe fixer/taxi negotiator/ reservation maker. He tried to help us in all those areas, whereas the front desk staff seemed to look through us. The expanded continental breakfast would have been fair if they actually replenished the food. When we got there at 7:30, they were out of many things, and some things were never refilled in the time we were there. Maybe if the price is really cheap, it would be okay for a night, but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Garden Panama City Hotel.

Thank you for dedicating us your reviews. We're pleased that your find our staff helpful. We will like to inform you that we give a follow up to all your comments, which are crucial in our quality review.

We look forward for you to give us the oportunity to be your hosts again, with the commitment of offering you the best service and quality you deserve.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Have stayed here numerous times. Hotel is clean, ample room size with large bathroom. Good quiet side street location. Very good restaurants within 150 yards: Manolos Chrarerria and Napoli Italian Rest. Pharmacy close by. Two blocks from Avenida Espana. Breakfast is typical hotel so so buffet. WiFi is fast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest:

It's a great pleasure to have your preference and trust, by considering our hotel as your choice.

We confirm our commitment by offering a comfortable and cozy stay.

We'll be looking forward for the next time of your visit to your hotel the Wyndham Garden Panama City.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Although the property is in a quiet residential area, it is not close to local restaurants, shopping and other amenities. Our room was excellent, and the buffet breakfast average. My brother booked at Toscana Inn for the same period. It was where the action was.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest:

Thank you for your time and reviews, which are very important in our quest and development of the excellent service you deserve.

We are very pleased that you enoyed your stay in our hotel. We're looking forward to serve you again in your next visit to Panama City.

Longmont, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in early January. The hotel is in the Obarrio neighborhood and in a decent location though it does take some work to get to most central areas in Panama. When I arrived--it was late and there was mass confusion as the hotel could not find my reservation. I did not have cell service so it took some time to find it and get the issue rectified. I was not upgraded like other guests have said they were. Rooms are very modern and nice. I think the bed is a memory foam mattress which is added comfort. Breakfast in the morning is decent with selections. Did not use the hotel shuttle to get around. Overall, it was a decent stay and good value. Down side--2 weeks since my departure and I am still waiting to get a receipt from the hotel. They were having system issues and could not provide one. Lesson to travelers--get a receipt from the hotel when you depart.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Garden Panama City.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and most of all, that you find comfort in our hotel.

We appreciate your very helpful comments. The next time you visit our country, please feel free to contact us, and give us the opportunity to serve you again in your hotel the Wyndham Garden Panama City

Yara Rumaldo

Been to Wyndham Garden Panama City? Share your experiences!