“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Plaza Panama

You added Hotel Riu Plaza Panama to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Plaza Panama
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 50 con 53 este | Urb. Marbella, Panama City, Panama   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
10% OFF 4 NIGHTS OR +
Ranked #19 of 112 Hotels in Panama City
Alexandria, Virginia
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for a convention in May 2013. Nice breakfast buffet with great service, sushi offered at the bar. For the size of this hotel, there aren't many other culinary options. Free wi- fi in rooms, nice gym. As mentioned in other reviews, there is a musty smell in the rooms, so bring allergy pills. Customer service reps barely speak English and didn't seem to interested in helping tourists. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Woodstock, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed here as a stop over for a cruise.
Our plane arrived late and we left early the next morning for Colon to board a cruise ship so we only spent about six hours here.
We had a small problem at check-in (seems that for some reason they already had us checked in) and then our room key did not work.
We were on the 25th floor and the room was clean, nice, and had a great view.
The rooms have a very "trendy" décor.
The smell that has been mentioned before was very strong in the room, but we did not notice it in the lobby areas.
The breakfast buffet was included in our price, and the food was great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four nights at the end of April.
The price was very reasonable, service was very good from making a booking to paying the last bill. Restaurant staff although not always proficcient in English was particularly helpful and went out of their way to assist my needs.
Buffet breakfast was excellent.

Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I spent 3 days at the Riu for a conference. On the last day I left my phone in a bathroom stall for 10 minutes. It looked like the only person that had been in there during the 10 minutes was house keeping.

I made a lost claim with their security then watched as everyone avoided me for the next 3 days as I stayed at the Sheraton. I drove to the hotel twice, called 4 times. Every single time I was given a different story about where the lost and found is. Once the front desk sent me to the bar and then bar then said this was stupid and sent me to the front desk.

Basically, the lost and found is staff pockets. I will not stay here due to the theft

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RiuHotelsandResorts, Social and Community Relations Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza Panama, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We assure you this normally does not happen; however, we kindly ask you to contact our Customer Service Department via crm@riu.com for us to do a proper follow up.

As part of our service, the security of our guests is our priority and we make a huge effort to ensure a safe and secure stay for our customers.

We hope you will choose to visit us again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of Guest Service that are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at Riu after having a terrible experience and cancelling our second night at the Riande Aeropuerto. Upon arrival, all negativity as stress I was feeling was instantly washed away. They allowed us to check in 4 hours early. Our room was beautiful and spacious and the staff was courteous and friendly. I booked a massage at the spa which was top- notch. My boyfriend and I had dinner at Taste. The service and food were among the best we have ever had. I have been in the restaurant industry for 14 years and I am not easily impressed, but I must say that the smile did not leave my face the entire 2 hours we sat at dinner. Thank you, Hotel Riu!

• Stayed May 2013
Lilongwe, Malawi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at Riu Hotel in Panama City recently for a business trip. I was impressed with this hotel: very comfortable rooms, good beds and, most importantly, a standard of cuisine that clearly exceeds the average for a business hotel of this type.

There is a gym (nothing great, but ok) and an outside pool in a yard.

The only little drawback I can find was that the elevators were sometimes very busy, resulting in waiting times of up to 5 minutes for a ride from my (10th floor) room down to the lobby, confusingly with many elevator cars passing my floor without stopping.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

5 star hotel centrally located, very nice, comfortable and quiet rooms, outdoor pool, gym, good and affordable restaurants, we had a week long conference, good meeting rooms, excellent catering, the hotel also offers all sizes of rooms for receptions (even big enough to host royal visitors). Finally, i found the breakfast buffet outstanding in its quality and variety. It comes at a steep price as an extra, but is worth it, even eggs Benedict included. But all together I found the internet price for all together a good price value relation.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet, the higher you get the better your view to Panama's high-rises, specta...