My husband and I stayed here for the holiday break 12/26 through 1/1.
Hotel has a great location, nice lobby, bar area and the service was great! The hotel is brand new as it just opened in August I believe. However, there are some issues.
The area around the hotel isn't great as there is much construction going on in the two surrounding buildings. The pool is also very poorly located and very small. The pool should have been in front of the hotel and not in the back. I attempted to use the pool while I was there but was greeted with about 30 construction workers howling as they have a perfect view of the pool area. Needless to say, I stayed for only about 30 seconds.
I utilized the spa facilties as well. The jacuzzi and steam room were nice.
As for other comments made. The concierge there isn't that great. It was hard to obtain recommendations for restaurants and other activities. In addition, utilizing taxi cabs through them vs. regular cabs in the area is more expensive. There was one exception as the cab fare to the airport was comparable.
One last thing. The hotel is very nice, and the designs are slick. But one concern is that a lot of the craftsmanship is poor. With the hotel only open for a few months, there were already signs of aging. When my husband pulled the door in our hotel room, a part of the door came off!
Beyond some of the issues below the hotel is nice and I would recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the edge of the Bay of Panama overlooking the old and new quarters of the city, we’re bounded by charming restaurants and vibrant nightlife, all within a few minutes to the financial center and corporate offices.Our 111 guest rooms and suites are equipped with everything for the stylish guest, including in-room amenities and marble bathrooms. Four function rooms are ideal for meetings or events, and our large SPA is the perfect place for pampering yourself ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Panama Hotel Panama City
- Le Meridien Panama Panama City