This is a very nice hotel centrally located in the El Cangrejo district of downtown Panama City. We had a room on the sixth floor which was very quiet and quite large. The bathroom was on the small size but very servicable, completely tiled, and had a glassed in shower only. The water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water. Check-in and check-out were very easy. The room had a king size bed which was very comfortable. The pillows, linens, and towels were all very good. The AC was very good and very quiet. The maid service was very good and the room was always very clean. The room had a flat screen TV with many channels, several in English.
The staff were really great. Many of the staff spoke some English and several spoke excellent English. All were very friendly and helpful. There was a door man and guard on duty.
There are many restaurants and stores within walking distance of the hotel. The area was very safe and we had no concerns about walking around after dark.
The one bad thing was that there was nowhere to relax other than in your room..The rooms do not have balconies and there is no bar. There is a terrace on the sixth floor but it is always in the sun and has only concrete benches. A canopy on the terrace for shade with some comfortable chairs would be a big improvement.
The room included breakfast which was very good. There was great fresh fruit, cereal, bread for toast or sandwiches, lunch meat, cheese, rolls, scrambled or boiled eggs, sausage, corn fritters, yucca prepared various ways, pancakes, potatoes, and yogurt. The specific items on the buffet varied from day to day. The coffee and orange juice were very good.
One nice feature was that if you were leaving early they would prepare a sack breakfast (banana, yogurt, granola bar, cheese sandwich, and juice box). This was very convenient because many of the tours leave very early (5:15AM to 6:30 AM) before the restaurant opens. There is coffee, tea, and drinking water 24/7. We took coffee mugs and filled them for breakfast on the days that we left early for tours.
There was a small business center with two computers with internet access and a printer. Wifi was available in the rooms and in the lobby.
We ate at the on-site restaurant several times. The food was very good and reasonably prices. The service was good.
I would use this hotel again on future visits to Panama City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re traveling to Panama City for business or a vacation getaway, we make all visits to Toscana Inn Hotel comfortable and relaxing with exceptional service, a welcoming staff, and beautifully appointed hotel suites.Perfectly located in Panama City’s prestigious El Cangrejo district, Toscana Inn Hotel in Panama offers effortless access to everything you might want to see or do, from the sparkling beach to exclusive shopping, vibrant nightlife, fascinating cultural and historical sites, and more. Rated one of the best hotels in Panama by Trip Advisor, our focus is on the comfort of our guests and the quality and value of our rooms and services. Let Toscana Inn Hotel be your host in Panama City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Toscana Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Toscana Hotel Panama City
- Toscana Inn Hotel Panama/Panama City