We stayed twice in this hotel around the new year 2012-2013 for a total of three days. Our reservations we fine and the rooms were ready but reception was slow although friendly. The rooms are clean, quite spacious (two double beds) except for the bathroom (with a thundering fan that wakes up a buffalo). The breakfast is minimal and nothing to write home about, and the coffee watered down although they have an espresso machine but the staff does not know how to prepare a decent coffee. The first time we stayed on the sixth floor which has a terrace with plants that get watered every day by an employee who also floods the entire terrace for good measure. The second time we stayed we left early to catch the ferry to the Pearl Island and we asked the reception to book a taxi for us the night before. A minivan was waiting for us the next day and upon arrival at the Balboa Yacht Club he asked for 25 dollars - a taxi would have been at most 10 dollars (we made this same trip earlier and paid in fact only 5 dollars). The driver was exceedingly arrogant (aside from driving with one hand at exceedingly high speeds and roaring religious sermons on his radio) and I refused to pay him what he asked for. He then threatened to call the police while I called the reception to ask what was going on here. After much talking I paid the guy 15 dollars to get rid of him, then I called the reception to ask them not to do such a thing any more as it reflects very poorly on them as well. All in all a mixed bag; if this hotel could spruce up its service and educate its employees better it would be one of the best in Panama City.
- Also Known As:
- Toscana Hotel
- Toscana Hotel Panama City
- Toscana Inn Hotel Panama/Panama City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re traveling to Panama City for business or a vacation getaway, we make all visits to Toscana Inn Hotel comfortable and relaxing with exceptional service, a welcoming staff, and beautifully appointed hotel suites.Perfectly located in Panama City’s prestigious El Cangrejo district, Toscana Inn Hotel in Panama offers effortless access to everything you might want to see or do, from the sparkling beach to exclusive shopping, vibrant nightlife, fascinating cultural and historical sites, and more. Rated one of the best hotels in Panama by Trip Advisor, our focus is on the comfort of our guests and the quality and value of our rooms and services. Let Toscana Inn Hotel be your host in Panama City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, EasyToBook, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Toscana Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.