My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on both ends of our trip to Panama. I booked it with points and we were put on the top floor in the same room both nights, approximately in the middle of the building facing the canal. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice view of the canal. I'm not sure you could see the canal below the top two floors though because of trees, so keep that in mind.
They left us a bottle of wine and Ferrero Rocher both nights as well, which was a nice touch. Except they didn't leave us a cork screw, which always seems to be a problem in hotels, why can no one get that right? We called down and asked for one and they said they didn't have any. So then we brought the wine bottle down to the bar and asked if they could open it. Eventually they got it open. I'm just shocked that a cork screw wasn't readily available.
Anyway, the hotel didn't seem very busy. They gave us a few drink vouchers and they had a little game that they had us play when we checked in, which was weird, but cute. Basically you took a colored ball out of a bingo roller thing and you got something, like free bottles of water or a cookie.
We didn't try the pool, but note that it's really quite small and it looked almost kind of like it had soapy bubbles in the middle. But that could be from the little fountain they have in it.
Anyway, most of the staff was pretty nice and accommodating. The buffet breakfast was pretty decent, a nice variety with fruit, waffles, cereal, eggs and the like. The room was clean, hotel was quiet and the view was pretty alright. I'd stay again for a decent rate in $$ or points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers looking for Panama hotel deals will appreciate the great location and outstanding array of amenities found at the Holiday Inn(R) City of Knowledge. Located just minutes away from some of the best attractions and businesses in Panama, our property offers both convenience and great value.Leisure guests are often drawn to our family-friendly Panama City hotel's close proximity to several of the city's best attractions including the visitor center at Miraflores Locks at the Panama Canal, the Albrook Shopping Center (with free shuttle service from our hotel), and the Gamboa Rainforest Resort. But our guests don't even have to leave the hotel to enjoy our sparkling outdoor pool in a beautifully landscaped courtyard, the well-equipped 24-hour Fitness Center, or our gift shop for a souvenir. Our hotel is only a few miles away from Panama City's banking district where many international transactions take place. Our fully-staffed Business Center provides guests with everything they need including copying, courier service, personal computer, and high-speed Internet access.When you're looking for great Panama hotel deals we offer the best. Make your reservations today to get the best Panama travel deals around at our Panama City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Panama Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn City Of Knowledge Hotel Panama City
- Panama City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Panama Canal Panama City