I thought this hotel was nice and very decent. I loved the view of the Panama Canal and I loved the representatives professionalism and catering attitude. There was one tiny mistake that occurred through when of the newly hired male front desk employees, but it was quickly rectified on the return last night at the hotel. We stayed here for 2 nights and I enjoyed the quaint and intimate setting of the hotel.
You will fight traffic to and from various locations trying to get around, but i think that is a central issue which Panama is working on repairing by installing the transit system.
The only negative I found was there was no refrigerator room because they have all the wet bar drinks in there that cost an arm and a leg.
I took my important items (which were electronics and jewelry) with me everyday (since we had a car rental) so the safe was not needed, but there was one in the room (inside the closet).
I really didn't have a real problem with this hotel, it was clean and safe, no bugs, air conditioning worked well and the staff were friendly and helpful and spoke ENGLISH -which was essential since I am very bad w/conversational spanish!
It is important to mention that we stayed here with our Priority Rewards' reward points and had no problem at all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers looking for Panama hotel deals will appreciate the great location and outstanding array of amenities found at the Holiday Inn(R) City of Knowledge. Located just minutes away from some of the best attractions and businesses in Panama, our property offers both convenience and great value.Leisure guests are often drawn to our family-friendly Panama City hotel's close proximity to several of the city's best attractions including the visitor center at Miraflores Locks at the Panama Canal, the Albrook Shopping Center (with free shuttle service from our hotel), and the Gamboa Rainforest Resort. But our guests don't even have to leave the hotel to enjoy our sparkling outdoor pool in a beautifully landscaped courtyard, the well-equipped 24-hour Fitness Center, or our gift shop for a souvenir. Our hotel is only a few miles away from Panama City's banking district where many international transactions take place. Our fully-staffed Business Center provides guests with everything they need including copying, courier service, personal computer, and high-speed Internet access.When you're looking for great Panama hotel deals we offer the best. Make your reservations today to get the best Panama travel deals around at our Panama City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Panama Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn City Of Knowledge Hotel Panama City
- Panama City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Panama Canal Panama City