This hotel is certainly nothing to write home about--the only thing it really has going for it is that it is located right near the Miraflores Locks, so if you're only intention is to visit these locks, then this place is ideally located. But, if you really want to explore more of Panama City, then skip this place and look for another hotel that is more centrally located in the city; otherwise, you'll be fighting traffic to and from the city and/or paying $15 one-way taxi fares. The room itself was fine, though we had no hot water and no room safe, even though every room is supposed to be equipped with a safe per the hotel's info handbook. During our first night, we asked the front desk to fix the hot water and get us a safe--the hot water only ended up being slightly warm at best and we never did get a safe, so we had to leave valuable items with the front desk every time we left the hotel. As for the gym, it pretty much was a small box with nonworking equipment (4 bikes, none of which worked). The restaurant we chose not to eat at at any other time except for breakfast, which was fine. For dinners, we opted to eat at the Miraflores Visitor Center restaurant (great views of the canal/locks, mediocre food) and the only other restaurant near this hotel, La Taberna de Canal, which is located right next door to the hotel and served decent tapas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers looking for Panama hotel deals will appreciate the great location and outstanding array of amenities found at the Holiday Inn(R) City of Knowledge. Located just minutes away from some of the best attractions and businesses in Panama, our property offers both convenience and great value.Leisure guests are often drawn to our family-friendly Panama City hotel's close proximity to several of the city's best attractions including the visitor center at Miraflores Locks at the Panama Canal, the Albrook Shopping Center (with free shuttle service from our hotel), and the Gamboa Rainforest Resort. But our guests don't even have to leave the hotel to enjoy our sparkling outdoor pool in a beautifully landscaped courtyard, the well-equipped 24-hour Fitness Center, or our gift shop for a souvenir. Our hotel is only a few miles away from Panama City's banking district where many international transactions take place. Our fully-staffed Business Center provides guests with everything they need including copying, courier service, personal computer, and high-speed Internet access.When you're looking for great Panama hotel deals we offer the best. Make your reservations today to get the best Panama travel deals around at our Panama City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Panama Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn City Of Knowledge Hotel Panama City
- Panama City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Panama Canal Panama City