“We always stop at Mi Ranchito when we are in Panama!” 4 of 5 stars

507-2284909
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 530 Restaurants in Panama City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Mi Ranchito Restaurant is the perfect environment to enjoy with family, friends and tourists; a familiar restaurant that offers a menu of varied Panamanian foods, with particular attention in preparing seafood at affordable prices to all visitors.Our style and decoration provides an opportunity to spend an enjoyable time. Part of its structure is a ranch of indigenous Panamanian style in an open-air environment. It is a good place for breakfast, lunch or dinner; enhanced with a happy and live music.
Reston, Virginia
“We always stop at Mi Ranchito when we are in Panama!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We've been to Mi Ranchito a number of times, and each time we always have a great meal, with great service. I know there are some mixed reviews regarding service and slow service seems to be a bit common in Panama, however I can tell you we have never had a problem with poor service at Mi Ranchito. My wife and I were in Panama last week and we went to Mi Ranchito with a group of 8 people. The waitress we had was excellent! She was very accomodating and very friendly. My only complaint was that they ran out of plantains, which was a disappointment. However, the pulpo, fish, ceviche were all excellent. The restaurant also has a great view of a small marina, as well as the Casway and Panama City in the distance. It's an open air restaurant, which really adds to the atmosphere.

My wife and I went back again 2 days later for lunch and the service and food were just as good as the previous time there. Their fish is always good. It's fresh, cooked to order and they always give you sizeable portions.

Mi Ranchito is a fun place to dine. As I said, each time we go to Panama we always make a point to go to Mi Ranchito at least once during our visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Weymouth, MA
“Better Choices Out There”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The service was ridiculously bad. The food was bad. We cancelled our entrees and didn't finish our appetizers. Check had extra items on it too. Plus, how do you run out of plantains in central america?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
University Park, Maryland
“Panamanian food outside with great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch here. I loved the opened palapa type setting and the view is good from most areas. My husband hand the Covina and said it was excellent. I am vegetarian so the only thing on the menu was rice, which was excellent, a small plate of veggies, pretty good, and the plantains, which were okay. They were out df the taro. I would go here even just to drink beer. The prices are excellent.

Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent fish choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The drive to get to the restaurant is beautiful. The fish choices were really very enjoyable. Great setting and pleasant wait staff

Visited December 2013
USA
“GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

After finishing our canal tour we invited our driver to have lunch with us and asked him to select the restaurant. Our only requirement was that the restaurant have great seafood and great seafood it was. We started with an appetizer of calamari which was light and tender. I had the whole fish pan fried with coconut rice and garlic bread. The fish was very tender and basically fell a part My wife had the filet of fish with a light sauce and the coconut rice. Cooked just perfectly. A couple of beers and a cafe con leche for dessert. GUESS WHAT we enjoyed it so much that we went back the following day for lunch as well. This time I had the octopus and my wife had the shrimp. Again both meals were perfect. If you go for lunch you should arrive before noon, the kitchen does not open until noon, but the line of customers (mostly locals) will be there earlly for a table.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere