This is a great deal for accommodations in Panama City. The room was only $13 and included breakfast and internet access (I am not sure it classifies as high speed in the US but it was good for Panama). The staff there were very helpful in setting up tours and visits to local attractions and had extensive knowledge of the local restaurant scene.
The guests here were a little cliquey but it was still possible to meet friends and people to do things with.
If I came back to Panama on a budget, I would definitely return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a Spanish colonial mansion built upon the water’s edge. Luna’s Castle Hostel attracts those who seek the ideal Panama City backpacking experience. Following Captain Morgan’s plunder of Panama Vieja in 1671, stones from the ruins were used to construct the massive walls of Casco Viejo. Luna’s Castle, built in 1905, rests upon these original city walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Luna's Castle Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna`s Castle Hotel Panama City
- Luna's Castle Hostel Panama/Panama City