“VERY GOOD WEEKEND GETAWAY FROM EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #91 of 179 Attractions in Panama
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Due to its world-class wave action, this beach is a popular spot for experienced surfers.
Tampa, Florida
69 attraction reviews
“VERY GOOD WEEKEND GETAWAY FROM EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I enjoyed the atmosphere and quiet of Santa Catalina, Panama. However, after the bus dropped me and my friend off, we had to hike to our hotel. This is a great place to stay for a few nights if you like peace and quiet with minimum tourism. I enjoyed the seafood plates prepared, there is a local supermarket to buy food (if you wish to cook), beer, water, and soft drinks. The restaurants in the area are all fairly priced. I would come here again but with an automobile. I would call it a nice weekend get away from everyone and everything.

Visited August 2012

El Palmar, Panama
6 attraction reviews
“Santa Catalina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Only stayed for two nights - way too short - very relaxing end of the road treasure. Planning another trip for January for Coiba and sailing...can't wait!

Visited March 2013
colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Surfside Inn and Santa Catalina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just returned from Panama a week ago and can't wait to go again. Santa Catalina was such an unexpected treasure that our 4 days quickly turned into 8. This is not the place to be unless you enjoy a tiny, tranquil, seaside town with few amenities and enjoy walking in very hot conditions for supplies. We loved it for all the reason above and many more! We stayed at the Surfside Inn with the most amazing view of the ocean possible. It was alittle out of our budget but we made up the difference by using their well-equipped kitchen and eating at the "chicken man's" stand "downtown". He offered a plate of chicken and plaintains for $3 which was enough to fill us up on a budget. I am hesitant to write a review as I hate to see this beautiful town become a tourist destination that it is destined to be. All the ingredients are there. We hope to return before that happens.

Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I dove with Panama Divers 4 days and was very pleased! They appeared professional, accomodating, and knew the waters.
I orginally made arrangements with Coiba Dive Center, but was berated by Glen when I didn't show up for a trip they scheduled but didn't let me know about. Last email: nothing confirmed.
Panama Divers chose dive sites according to the level of divers on the boat. The boat carried O2, which was explained. They take snorklers, also, who had their own guide, radios etc.
Freddy was excelent with divers that had not been for a while, and anxious.
I would defintiely dive with them again.

Visited November 2012
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Surfside Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

May 11-19, 2012. We stayed on the second floor (middle room) at the Surfside Inn and we felt as though we had the best room in all of Santa Catalina! The room was large (2 beds,private bath) very clean, and had a regular size fridge which was very convenient! Due to the other two rooms not having been rented, we were able to have the terrace to ourselves. The view of the point was amazing and if you plan on surfing the point, it's an ideal location to stay! It's also only a short walk to Estero beach for beginners.The staff was so kind and helpful (A big thank you to Erika, Alex and Kelly!) They kept the grounds/rooms very clean, there's also a community kitchen which was well kept, and they always have a pot of free coffee brewed each morning. You can't go wrong booking with Surfside Inn

~Dawn