“Yes, it really is exceptional!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa Naranja

You added Hotel Casa Naranja to your Saves list
Hotel Casa Naranja
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 4.5 Carretera a Masaya, del Restaurante TipTop 100 mts al Oeste Managua, Nicaragua | en el Centro de Managua, Managua 505, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Managua
El Paso, Texas
“Yes, it really is exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I spend about 120 nights out a year on business, and probably another 30 on pleasure. I travel extensively in the USA, Mexico and Central America, both to major cities and small towns.
Normally, I stay at a hotel chain, either a full service hotel or express type hotel.

For this trip, I decided to try Casa Naranja, which if I have to describe it, is between a boutique hotel and a bed and breakfast. I stayed here 5 nights, August 11 to August 16.
I have to say, it was my most pleasant, relaxing business or pleasure stay all year. Exceptional! I will return. You should definitely consider it if you are traveling to Managua.

It is hard to improve on what so many people have already commented about this place, but I’ll give my version.
As many people have mentioned, it is the people that work at Casa Naranja that make is special to start with. I’ll get to that more in a minute.
My room was basic and home style (#5), but had a comfortable bed, nice sheets and bedding, good air conditioning, a ceiling fan (I wish more hotels had this), a nice bathroom and shower, and fast internet. OK, the TV was a little old style, but I don’t watch much TV anyway. I was very comfortable, and I enjoy a 5 star hotel as much as the next person, but Casa Naranja is nice, clean and very relaxing. It is like coming home to a quiet house. When I returned from work each night, they were more than happy to fix me a cocktail, and I enjoyed it on their terrace, which also has ceiling fans, and is very relaxing. The terrace is small, but so are the number of guests, and I never had a problem getting a table. Breakfast is delicious with many choices, and served quickly with fresh juices. Their coffee, like many places in Nicaragua, is excellent.

I did frequent the two close by restaurants, Terraza Peruan and Cocina de Dona Haydee. I need to write separate reviews for each of them, but both are in easy, safe walking distance, and each night I had a great meal and several drinks for around $20.00, including a nice tip. So not being at a big hotel with their expensive restaurant prices was a nice change. The food and service at both restaurants is very good, with many choices. You could eat just at these two restaurants for a week and not be bored with the selections.

The staff is what makes Casa Naranja really special though. Some may say that this is just a Bed and Breakfast and not a full service hotel, but I wanted for nothing. They have a computer and printer in their “business center”, the front desk personnel are all like a knowledgeable concierge, and willing to help with any request. If I wanted a drink, a taxi, or information, I received it quickly and with a smile.
My 5 night stay was a welcome change and really made my business trip enjoyable and relaxing after a hard day. Thanks to all at Casa Naranja for a wonderful week.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I would highly recommend this smaller hotel in Managua. The rooms are satisfactory, and clean. It seems quite safe, and the free morning breakfast is outstanding. There is a Peruvian restaurant three doors down that is excellent, and a decent typical Nicaraguan restaurant a block away as well. Just seemed a lot nicer, and so much less sterile than one of the bigger chain hotels nearby. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.
Just a bit of a disclaimer though- I've given this hotel a 5 star rating, but that is 5 stars for this area. Don't expect this to be a Ritz Carlton luxury hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hotel Casa Naranja is a fantastic spot for your time in Managua! Truly an impeccable hotel with an amazing staff. We stayed here for the last night of our honeymoon and they went above and beyond to make it an wonderful stay! Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The excellent service, amazing decor, clean and spacious rooms/common areas, good location in a quiet residential area and delicious breakfasts make this hotel a treasure. Great value! This lovely B&B was one of the highlights of my trip

• Stayed July 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent two nights at Hotel Casa Naranja and would like to express our gratitude for having had such a pleasant stay. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and well located. The staff was great; they were tremendously helpful and friendly at all times. We contacted them before arriving to Managua in order to plan some tours, and they were extremely efficient in making all the arrangements. We sincerely thank Maria Jose, Gabriela, and all the other members of the staff who made possible for us to have an excellent vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed here three times now and it's one of my favorite spots in Managua. The location is perfect, the staff is phenomenol ( if you don't speak Spanish all that well, not a problem!), and the decor is gorgeous. They have an all inclusive happy hour from 5 to (maybe) 7? Not sure? But the first time I came I asked for Cole Zero and, I swear, the women working at the time went out and got it for me! I would have asked for something else had I known they didn't have it on hand...this is just one example of how they went above and beyond! The lovely people at Naranja were also always quick with a suggestion for places to go, ready with reputable (and affordable) cab service as well as offering to translate directions. I could go on and on about this place! It's not your typical hotel. It really is like staying with family (the parts of the family you like :-))

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed just one night at Casa Naranja on the last day of our trip before flying out the next day. We are very glad that we stayed here, as it was the perfect place for one last relaxing night in Nicaragua before a full day of air travel. The hotel is small but lovely, and the courtyard is lush and a great place to relax. Our room was excellent and we slept very well.

The staff was very friendly and helpful from the moment we walked in the door to the moment we left. They also pointed us toward an excellent traditional Nica restaurant for dinner a block or two away from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Casa Naranja? Share your experiences!