“Best of Managua” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Globales Camino Real

You added Globales Camino Real to your Saves list
Globales Camino Real
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 9.5 Carretera Norte | P.O. Box C-118, Managua 11052, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Managua
“Best of Managua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great staff! Very nice rooms! Excellent prices....and EXQUISITE FOOD!!! thumbs up for the chef! Loved the french onion soup....the best I ever had! Perfect location!! Near the airport. Defenitely I'm coming back soon!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ventashcr, Director Comercial at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We appreciate your good review on Trip Advisor.
If you need help future reservations please contact us.

Sales Director.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here just before leaving Nicaragua. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport and the room was very clean and comfortable with great amenities. The restaurant was good and reasonable and the outdoor pool was great. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
We're glad you had a good stay with us.
If you need help booking in the future do not hesitate to contact us.

Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

They excel in things that matter to me: welcoming, friendly, and helpful staff; modern and complete facilities; reasonable prices; internet that works very well; awesome restaurant, bar, and breakfast buffet.

I cannot say enough about the quality of the staff. From the helpful maid who did my laundry on a Sunday to the bartenders who constantly fulfilled my need for coffee to the shuttle driver who was friendly, talkative, and patient with my poor Spanish to the wait staff in the very good restaurant, everyone at Camino Real Managua was awesome. I can overlook A LOT if the people are friendly and helpful.

Fortunately, this hotel does it all well. Really, if you want to stay at a somewhat more upper crust place for not upper crust prices, this is the hotel for you. It's awesome.

That's not to say that it's perfect: my bathroom was less than perfectly clean, it's a long ways from everything but the airport, and they tend to nickel-and-dime guests to death (everything costs money -- I suppose that's how they keep the per-night charge low).

But the good far, far, far outweigh the bad. If I return to Managua, I'll stay here again. For sure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Our staff welcomes your review. We hope to serve you in the near future.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for one night after arriving late in the evening at the airport. The shuttle arrived about 10 minutes after we did which was a bit anxiety inducing. Once we arrived at the hotel (probably a 2-3 minute drive) we were promptly checked into our hotel room which was much nicer than I was expecting (nicer than most airport hotels I guess!). The hotel is quite big, the lobby is nice and I wasn't expecting such a large pool area. We had a drink on the patio after we arrived and they did have a bar food menu available even at that hour. We slept well and our room was very quiet despite being so close to the airport. Breakfast was included with our stay and we definitely got our moneys worth - it was great. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel close to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for posting your advice on Trip Advisor.
If you need help future bookings please contact us.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel in a period of days.

My first stay was fine: I arrived late and left early, and all was as one would expect.

My second stay saw me in a room with two double beds, with one of them being lopsided. As I was by myself, this did not present a problem. What did present a problem was the infestation (20, 30, 40???) of mosquitoes I became aware of when I closed the blinds and disturbed them. At that point I also became aware of a number of dead mosquitoes on the floor. I reported the issue and instead of being moved to another room, the hotel sent The Exterminator to spray and drip chemical around the perimeter of the room. Suffice to say the smell was overpowering and I live in hope my future children will not have birth defects.

After 30 minutes mosquitoes continued to buzz around the room (In the hotel’s defence, I did note more dead mosquitoes on the floor, which suggested the chemicals were working.) and I approached reception, who informed me the problem would be taken care of. I responded that I was going out for an hour and upon my return, nothing had been done: “We forgot.” I was then asked to wait at reception. After 15 minutes I was then asked to return to my room where someone would contact me. I fell asleep (Due to the chemicals I continued to smell???) and was awakened by a knock at the door. Instead of my room being changed, the staff member placed an electrical mosquito repellent in a socket in the room. I again approached reception and again indicated my displeasure. I was told it was mosquito season and moquitoes in the room were to be expected. When I replied that I had stayed in the past week, I was then informed the fault was mine as the staff member indicted I had left the door open, which was a blatant lie. I was then requested to wait again as phone calls were made. Then came the response I had grown to know and love: “We forgot. You have been moved to another room.” I was moved to another room after two and a half hours. Incredibly, even though it continued to be mosquito season, I had none in my new room! The planets had aligned!

Foolishly, instead of cowering silently in my room, I tried ordering room service. Busy. I tried again. Busy. Then I tried again. Busy. Etc. I tried calling reception and received no response. I then walked to reception and explained my phone issues. No apology. “You can go to the bar and order it.” I wondered where I could go to order new staff???

Room service did arrive promptly but that may have been because one item was missing.

I know: “You forgot.”

Incredibly, they didn’t forget when it came time to take my money.

Room Tip: The Hilton...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
I apologize for the inconveniences experienced at our hotel. Your contribution is taken into account to improve in the above.
I appreciate the sincerity of your opinion.

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

For an airport hotel, CR is great. It's super quiet yet only a quick minute from the airport. The spa is great. My father reported that he had an excellent massage. The gym is very nice - big, clean, airy - and the steam room worked well. The pool is huge, and the buffet breakfast is truly amazing. We've stayed at CR several times and were very sad when it was fully booked this last time around. If you ever have a late arrival (or early departure), this is the place to stay in Managua.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms near the spa. Try 314-320.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ventashcr, Director General at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. If you need help for future bookings please contact me.

Warrensburg, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This place was above my expectations. It happened to be busy with holiday parties from local businesses but we real enjoined our day there. The room was large and clean and also the staff was very helpful. I would recommend this place again and again,

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

Sales Director

Been to Globales Camino Real? Share your experiences!