“Good location, good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Globales Camino Real

You added Globales Camino Real to your Saves list
Globales Camino Real
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 9.5 Carretera Norte | P.O. Box C-118, Managua 11052, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Managua
Calgary, Canada
“Good location, good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for one night after arriving late in the evening at the airport. The shuttle arrived about 10 minutes after we did which was a bit anxiety inducing. Once we arrived at the hotel (probably a 2-3 minute drive) we were promptly checked into our hotel room which was much nicer than I was expecting (nicer than most airport hotels I guess!). The hotel is quite big, the lobby is nice and I wasn't expecting such a large pool area. We had a drink on the patio after we arrived and they did have a bar food menu available even at that hour. We slept well and our room was very quiet despite being so close to the airport. Breakfast was included with our stay and we definitely got our moneys worth - it was great. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel close to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ventashcr, Director Comercial at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you very much for posting your advice on Trip Advisor.
If you need help future bookings please contact us.

Sales Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel in a period of days.

My first stay was fine: I arrived late and left early, and all was as one would expect.

My second stay saw me in a room with two double beds, with one of them being lopsided. As I was by myself, this did not present a problem. What did present a problem was the infestation (20, 30, 40???) of mosquitoes I became aware of when I closed the blinds and disturbed them. At that point I also became aware of a number of dead mosquitoes on the floor. I reported the issue and instead of being moved to another room, the hotel sent The Exterminator to spray and drip chemical around the perimeter of the room. Suffice to say the smell was overpowering and I live in hope my future children will not have birth defects.

After 30 minutes mosquitoes continued to buzz around the room (In the hotel’s defence, I did note more dead mosquitoes on the floor, which suggested the chemicals were working.) and I approached reception, who informed me the problem would be taken care of. I responded that I was going out for an hour and upon my return, nothing had been done: “We forgot.” I was then asked to wait at reception. After 15 minutes I was then asked to return to my room where someone would contact me. I fell asleep (Due to the chemicals I continued to smell???) and was awakened by a knock at the door. Instead of my room being changed, the staff member placed an electrical mosquito repellent in a socket in the room. I again approached reception and again indicated my displeasure. I was told it was mosquito season and moquitoes in the room were to be expected. When I replied that I had stayed in the past week, I was then informed the fault was mine as the staff member indicted I had left the door open, which was a blatant lie. I was then requested to wait again as phone calls were made. Then came the response I had grown to know and love: “We forgot. You have been moved to another room.” I was moved to another room after two and a half hours. Incredibly, even though it continued to be mosquito season, I had none in my new room! The planets had aligned!

Foolishly, instead of cowering silently in my room, I tried ordering room service. Busy. I tried again. Busy. Then I tried again. Busy. Etc. I tried calling reception and received no response. I then walked to reception and explained my phone issues. No apology. “You can go to the bar and order it.” I wondered where I could go to order new staff???

Room service did arrive promptly but that may have been because one item was missing.

I know: “You forgot.”

Incredibly, they didn’t forget when it came time to take my money.

Room Tip: The Hilton...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
I apologize for the inconveniences experienced at our hotel. Your contribution is taken into account to improve in the above.
I appreciate the sincerity of your opinion.

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

For an airport hotel, CR is great. It's super quiet yet only a quick minute from the airport. The spa is great. My father reported that he had an excellent massage. The gym is very nice - big, clean, airy - and the steam room worked well. The pool is huge, and the buffet breakfast is truly amazing. We've stayed at CR several times and were very sad when it was fully booked this last time around. If you ever have a late arrival (or early departure), this is the place to stay in Managua.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms near the spa. Try 314-320.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ventashcr, Director General at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. If you need help for future bookings please contact me.

Warrensburg, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This place was above my expectations. It happened to be busy with holiday parties from local businesses but we real enjoined our day there. The room was large and clean and also the staff was very helpful. I would recommend this place again and again,

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

fort worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Must say I had some trepidation about staying near an airport considering the various consequences.
I must say that I found the hotel to be very nice. You pay for what you get is what I believe.
I stayed in room 304.
Pablo, the doorman directed me to a nearby sports bar where the beers were $1.00.
At the hotel, they were $3.75.
It´s a small walk from the hotel but I got to mingle with some of the locals.
that were drinking.
Overall I would stay there again.
I must say the staff from the front desk to everyone else was very friendly and made me feel welcomed.

Room Tip: Take a room by the pool. My time there was very quiet and I heard no noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
ventashcr, Director Comercial at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
We are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us.
We hope to serve you in the near future.

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights at the end of my stay in Nicaragua. This hotel is VERY convenient to the airport, and has a free shuttle, which is great. If you are looking for a nicer place to stay for a night, and don't care about spending way more money than you should, this is your place.

I definitely felt that they squeezed every dollar they could out of me, and I unfortunately didn't get the service that other reviewers mentioned. No one carried or offered to carry my bags to my room after checking in, there were no coffee/pastries waiting for me as I got on the 530am shuttle (despite the hotel charging me for breakfast!), I received constant harassment about 'cleaning my room' (knocks on the door, phone calls, etc.) despite having the 'do not disturb' on the whole time, there are no towels or food/drink service at the pool (or maybe they just didn't want to serve me, I did see a waiter talking to a couple at some point), etc.

I ate one night in the hotel restaurant solo, and came away with an almost $30US bill, more than I would pay for a quick meal in the US! Still not sure what was going on with that bill. They arranged a cab for me to the larger Managua mall, for $15US each way (more than I would pay for the same ride in NYC). I asked them to not have the cab driver wait at the mall (repeatedly asked) and that I would make my way back myself. But low and behold, this was never communicated and he ended up staying and waiting.

Kind of a long review, but I'm still irritated at having spent almost $300US for 30 hours at this hotel, with all expenses considered. Next time- Best Western it is!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ventashcr, Director Comercial at Globales Camino Real, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thanks for your post in Trip Advisor. We take every comment seriously and we work everyday to fulfill our customers expectations.
If you need to extend your comment please do not hesitate to contact me.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western in front of the airport which was nice on my last trip. When I arrived at the Camino Real the service was fantastic. From the front desk, which took care of me efficiently and effectively, to the gentleman that walked me to my room and helped me get settled, to the young woman who delivered my food from room service it was just a fantastic experience.

It is really a not to be missed experience. The people are reason enough to visit the Camino Real over every other location.

Room Tip: I was there during a wedding on a Saturday and was in 411 and did not hear a thing. Away from the p...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hello Roberto,

Thank you for your post in Trip Advisor. We appreciate your opinion. If you need further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sales Director

Been to Globales Camino Real? Share your experiences!