I feel as a ex employee of holiday inn and also well travelled I am perhaps quite well placed to review this one!
We chose the holiday inn as we wanted a relaxed and fairly up market end to a backpacker style of trip. In the most we were not disappointed.
We had lowly weathe and spent almost all of 2 days poolside. Lovely pool.
The rooms were great. We were on the back and even with a boxing match on couldn't hear a thing. Beautifully clean, good tv choice and large rooms.
Not to keen on the 0830 knock on the door each morning asking if we wanted housekeeping!
The breakfast for a European is really poor. At 13 dollars pretty steep for what you get as well. The food in general at the hotel is pretty bad. Thu are trying to do American/euro style food but it isn't good. If you want that take the 3 dollar tack to the food court at metro centro or zona rosa.
The service at check in was great, as was it pool side. Th service dealing with delayed laundry was not.
Don't use the hotel taxis. Nice but way too expensive. Just step on to road outside and hail a taxi for quarter of price.
Gym good enough and casino ok for quick bit of fun.
I think for central and south America a great hotel. Judging by what we paid around Nicaragua, at 110$ a night pretty pleased with what w for for money and would recommend if you want to spoil yourselves.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Managua Hotel Managua
- Holiday Inn Managua Hotel
- Holiday Inn Managua
- Managua Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 20 minutes from (Aeropuerto Internacional de Managua) Managua International Airport. This ecologic and intelligent building complies with the highest security standards, and provides guests and their families the utmost satisfaction. Holiday Inn & Convention Center Managua is more than special service. Situated in Managua's city center, the Holiday Inn Convention Center has all the amenities necesary for the pleasure or business traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.