We stayed here for two nights before heading to a resort on the Pacific and would not stay here again. I had a rate of $145/night and somehow my rate jumped to $196 and $180 for the two nights. They also would not honor my Ambassador coupon for 1 free night. Understood the 15% tax on the nights but they couldn't explain the additional $3.39 each night. English was a problem, still fighting the rates with both hotel management and Intercontinental.
We ate at the Restaurant Factory inside the hotel for dinner one night and I got food poisoning from the lobster bisque. Food at the Voltes restaurant inside was good but the Restaurant Factory soured us (especially me) on the food there.
Beds were extremely firm, did not sleep well here
Would highly recommend going somewhere else
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Real Metrocentro Managua Hotel
- Intercontinental Real Metrocentro Managua Hotel Managua
- Intercontinental Managua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE PLACE TO BE located at the heart of the entertainment and business district in Managua, adjacent to the country’s largest shopping mall in the city, minutes away from Managua`s exclusive night life and only 6 miles from the airport this is right where you want to be. Enjoy a fabulous culinary experience at our two international restaurants Voltes and Factory Steak and Lobster, were you can enjoy prime cuts & imported lobster. For a casual evening, visit our trendy Nau Lounge which offers an extensive variety of fresh sushi’s and cocktails, if you prefer you can relax in our terrace surrounded by an exotic and beautiful gardens next to the pool, but just steps away from the exiting ambience of the bar and restaurants. All 157 rooms are specifically designed to offer you the best rest, with soundproof windows, ultra sumptuous bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets, a special blend of goose feather and down pillows and a feather bed mattress topper. In addition, all guestrooms have either 37” or 42” LCD TV with Video on Demand system which features an extensive library over 70 new digital movie releases, high-speed Internet access of 20mb for your entertainment and a spacious work desk will make your stay enjoyable and productive. Our concierge will be pleased to help you organize any sightseeing tour to the Masaya Volcano, Granada or Leon. Hertz and Avis rent a car desks and car pick up are available at the hotel. Hotel Real InterContinental Metrocentro Managua, winner of the World Travel Award 2005, the Torchbearer Award 2006 and 2008 is the place to be in Managua either for business or for pleasure ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Olotels, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Real Metrocentro Managua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.