“A unique encounter with Nicaragua's culture” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Boutique Villa Maya

You added Hotel Boutique Villa Maya to your Saves list
Hotel Boutique Villa Maya
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Residencial Las Colinas | Segunda Entrada, Managua, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Managua
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A unique encounter with Nicaragua's culture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Hotel Boutique Villa Maya is a unique spot apart from the noisy streets of Managua yet minutes away from the heart of the city. Situated in the highlands of Managua, this hotel provides a great view to the landscape of Managua and the comfort only nature can offer. Combined with an excellent customer service, tasteful home-made local meals, this hotel offers the best bang for the buck in town if you are looking. The hotel is very quiet, with nicely decorated rooms and a backyard with a tempting pool where you can take a dip after a long sunny day. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
VillaMaya, Propietario at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear guests:

I take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to serve you. Thanks to your reviews, we were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2012 from Trip Advisor. This award commits us to pursue further in our efforts to make a difference in the type of hotel services provided by the tourism industry in Nicaragua.

Vilma C. Barrientos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

its not a bad hotel, average. i stayed here instead of hotel beneficial because I was just in for a day and needed to visit a friend in Las Colinas where this place is at. If I didn´t need to be in this part of town, I´d have preferred Hotel Beneficial which is more like a hotel and where the staff have time to help you. Could give a free bottle of water like beneficial does too as the tap water here is yucky.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
VillaMaya, Owner at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
I was very surprised to read your comment since you mentioned several details which contradict set practices at our hotel. You wrote there was no bottled water offered, but we offer it to each one of our guests as soon as they walk in as one of our choices as a courtesy drink; also, we provide bottled water in each room. As a boutique hotel, we enjoy providing personalized attention to our guests; our staff is devoted to provide customer satisfaction and it has been rewarded with many excellent comments from our satisfied guests. Finally, I went through our registration records and did not find anyone from Madrid registered in August; as required by local law, all of our guests have to register and provide proper ID, which we copy and keep with the registration forms. There is no way a guest can stay in our hotel without being registered.
I invite you to visit us and experience staying at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, FOR FREE.
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Well i had the opportunity to stay in this hotel during my vacations last month and i can tell that the service was excellent but over everything the decoration was great, the light, the nature in the backyard, the refreshing pool.. it was simply excellent... and oh before i forgot it's located in one of the most exclusive areas of managua :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Vacation time with my 21 year old son,great place away from city but close at the same time.Kenia is the best she runs the place very well. The only problem is the food very price and lousy if you just want to sleep there you are fine.To my paisana Guatemalteca do something about the menu.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Sierra Madre, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I had an 8 night stay in a room with a double bed on the first floor. The two young women running the hotel did a really great job making sure I was comfortable during my stay.

The hotel is just a few turns off the main road, and is in a great location if you plan on taking a drive to Masaya or Granda. It was just down the road from the Galerias Mall and many restaurants. It is located in a pretty quiet and safe neighborhood and is gated for extra safety.

The breakfast every morning was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. I was little worried that the room would be hot with the high temperature in Managua, but the air conditioner was very powerful and kept the room cold and was very quiet. I would highly suggest the hotel for business, solo travelers, and couples. There are only 8 rooms and the hotel is very quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. When I didn't feel like eating at the hotel or going out they were able to order fast food to my room! The WIFI was surprisingly fast for Managua.

The only minor problems that I had:
- The hot water one day was not working, but was fixed by the end of the day. For some reason the water was usually only hot mid-day, even though there was only one other room occupied.
- Coming in and out of the hotel you need to have the gate opened. The only time this becomes a real problem is if you plan on returning very late at night.

I've stayed at the Barcelo Managua and it is not even close to how great this hotel is. In my opinion it is by far one of the best values you can get in Managua. I hope that the hotel owner checks this review because the young ladies running the hotel are doing a fantastic job. They are very friendly and went above and beyond! They even got up at 4am to fix me a breakfast to take to the airport on my last day. I'd also like to find out the syrup they use on the pancakes because it has to be one of the most delicious I've ever tasted!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Madison, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I visit Nicaragua 3 or 4 times a year and have always stayed at the Princess Managua Hilton or the Intercontinental. This time I decided to try a smaller hotel outside the loud and sometimes dangerous downtown Managua. I stayed for 15 days (and watched the Super Bowl in my room).
I am happy to say I made the right decision on the Super Bowl and the Villa Maya!!!!!!!

The whole staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. I had many, many meals there and Sra. Rosario is the best. The service was excellent. The ambiance was excellent. And after my normal $2000 a week at the other places, I was amazed at how much I saved.

Everything super satisfactory. I have many friends in Nicaragua and everyone was impressed.

I SHALL RETURN!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

This place is a great deal. The owner is an US-educated attorney who seems to understand what Western travelers are looking for, and using his detailed oriented legal skills to run a tight ship with attention to all facets of the business:)

The place itself is clean, in a safe neighborhood, and looks like an old estate home with a beautiful pool and classic wood furniture. Turns out it actually was the owner's home until his kids went off to college about 1.5 years ago:) I loved hanging out by the pool (although they should probably get someone to clean what collects on top from time to time). I played the role of the pool boy two times. The grounds/home is quite beautiful!

I think the hotel is extremely affordable for what it offers, Giselle (she works at the front desk and does housekeeping) is amazing and whenever I would grab some drinks/order food she would bring out some glasses/ice/table setting, etc), and they are very laid back overall (left a few sodas/beer in the fridge) which I would grab from time to time.

One possibly negative thing is that sometimes the shower wouldn't warm up. But I think this happens across the board in Nicaragua. And honestly, I didn't mind the not so hot showers as Nicaragua is pretty hot!

Keep it up guys (but please fix the hand soap dispenser in our room:)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Vilma C. Barrientos

Been to Hotel Boutique Villa Maya? Share your experiences!