“Nice new hotel, in a safe area, with good value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Internacional Managua

You added Hotel Internacional Managua to your Saves list
Hotel Internacional Managua
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rotonda Centro America, 1 c. a Este, | 1/2 c. al Norte. Altamira, Managua, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Managua
Ashland, Wisconsin
“Nice new hotel, in a safe area, with good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

This is a new hotel, about 20 minutes from the airport, with about 20 rooms. It was not busy. It is a safe area, with good restaurents and a major supermarket within 5 minute walks. I went to both after dark, with no problems. Staff is very helpful, and the owner speaks English. A good traditional Nica breakfast is included, eggs, toast, cheese and beans or gallo pinto. I bought fruit to have them serve in the morning as well. It has a nice open lobby area to spend a little quiet time. It is a quiet neighborhood until the morning activity starts. This was my fourth time in Nicaragua and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a second floor front room, which was fine.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

This hotel was difficult for my cab to find, and the hotel site's map is not linked to googlemaps, so make sure you get a bead on where it is first.
I was warmly welcomed by the owner, who went out of his way to make sure I had everything I needed. I had an early morning departure, and he arranged the cab and had fresh-squeezed orange juice for me when I left.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
GLEASON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

The Hotel Internacional has only been around for a little over a year and the owner went out of his way to make me feel right at home. The rooms were very comfortable and if I needed anything they made sure I had it. They had wi-fi with good speed and televisions with an international cable package. The breakfast each morning was superb. The hotel is located right on the edge of a financial district and the street it is on has many professional offices. The only downside was the hotel is located right near a busy intersection so it could be a bit noisy at night. I'd gladly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
bedford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Managua is an urban city. I choose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and was not sorry. The hotel is on a quiet street, within walking distance to 4 restaurants, a chicken take out called tip top, and a supermarket. The hotel has 2 stories, colonial style, no elevator. Our room had 2 large beds, a/c and a fan, full bathroom with a large shower, 2 luggage racks and plenty of room to walkaround. See hotel for other amenities. The breakfast was superb-made to order from eggs, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. The owner will go out of his way to make it the best trip possible. He will arrange tours for you as well as an pick up at the airport upon arrival. Local currency is handy, but not necessary. Although an ATM was not walkable, he drove us to one. Money is in local currency and US dollars. The only place I every saw this. If I come back to Managua, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. It could not be friendlier. One last thought, I arranged my reservation directly with the hotel and save quite a bit of money over Expedia or other sites. The hotel owner has a son in the Miami area who will return phone calls as well as e-mail you to make your stay a pleaant one. One drawback, there is no swimming pool on the premise, but we came to see the country and did not mind the lack of a pool The hotel is minutes by taxi to night clubs and taxis are cheap

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I travel every year to Managua and this past trip, I stayed for the first time in the Hotel Internacional. I loved it! The decor was charming, the place was spotless, the breakfast was delicious and the staff were friendly. Unlike some other hotels where I have stayed, this one is in walking distance to a number of restaurants and bars, which is nice. I highly recommend you check it out. I'll stay there on my next trip for sure...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

15 min from aiport. Beautiful clean, modern building with beautiful lobby. Hot Shower, A/C, Cable TV, Free Wifi, will arrange ride to/from airport. WONDERFUL FRIENDLY SERVICE from Roberto and his wife (who speak some English). Would stay here again!

My personal story: I unfortunately fractured my ankle while on a moped today and had to make a sudden change of plans to come home early on same flight as my dad. As soon as we arrived Roberto and his wife were so helpful and attentive to my needs. They quicky made the change in my room and set it up themselves, helped us with our bags, assisted us with changing flight plans, getting taxi arranged for airport, offered to bring in food for us, etc. More than I could have asked for.

Personal wonderful service in a beautiful modern hotel for a reasonable price! I recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed February 2011
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

The type of hotel every traveller loves to find... safe, quiet location close to banks and shopping, good restaurants nearby, great rooms, loads of atmosphere with rocking chairs in the spacious common areas, good breakfast and friendly attentive service. Roberto goes out of his way to make sure your visit to Nicaragua is enjoyable with lots of helpful advice on travel within and outside the city. Look no further for the best place to stay in Managua.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Internacional Managua? Share your experiences!