“Excellent Program” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 Attractions in Managua
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: Viva Spanish School is Nicaragua's leading Spanish language school. Our programs focus on teaching Spanish to non-Spanish speakers. Our students include Embassy employees and their families, NGOs and mission groups, medical teams, university students and tourists. We offer cost effective, one-on-one classes with a flexible curriculum designed to meet the individual goals of our students.
Burlington, VT
“Excellent Program”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This program is the real deal. They have a wonderful facility, great options for housing right next to the school, and fantastic teachers. The Spanish program can fit your individual needs and the staff is very flexible and willing to work with you. I am a medical student and took two hours of their Medical Spanish curriculum every day along with two hours of basic Spanish. Although it was four hours of Spanish ever morning, it felt like five minutes because the teachers are so interesting and the class is very conversational. I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to learn Spanish at an affordable price.

They also have free wifi in the building and people from all over the world who were current or past students would stop by to hang out in the common area (coffee is always freshly brewed). I found it a great way to network and meet people from all over the world.

Visited October 2013
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear MRovin, Thanks for your positive feedback! We really enjoyed having you at Viva Spanish School. We also appreciate your ideas on how to enhance our Medical Spanish Course and we are in the process of implementing your suggestions. We are getting more and more demand for this program from healthcare professionals like yourself.
Hopefully we will see you in Nicaragua again soon. Hasta entonces....

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 attraction reviews
“You will not regret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've always wanted to travel to Nicaragua but was afraid at first due to security reasons. I was worried about traveling alone as a young women coming from Malaysia. Viva Spanish School took care of my airport pick-up, home stay and spanish lessons. I felt safe throughout my stay at Nicaragua. They answered all my questions, accommodations, food and recommended me some tour options. In terms of academics, the teachers in the school are so patient and helpful, the best part is their ability to understand my broken spanish. Although classes are quite intense, if your main goal is to improve your Spanish and learn some Nicaraguan culture, do not hesitate at all. I've traveled to multiple countries including Panama and Costa Rica during the summer of 2013 but my experience at Nicaragua has been one of the best and I admit that Viva Spanish School was a huge factor to that. Have an open mind, try something different and visit Nicaragua :)

Visited October 2013
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
3 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I spent 5 weeks with Viva, had a great time and learned a lot! Beyond just Spanish classes they offer home stays, cultural experiences, and day trips. The staff is approachable, friendly, and easy to work with. Great experience!

Visited September 2013
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Many thanks for your positive review! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. Stop by for a visit if (when) you get back to Managua.
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Viva Spanish School is GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I came here with minimal Spanish skills. But after about 4 months of learning at Viva, I am now able to hold a really good conversation with my Hispanic friends, and feel comfortable on my own when talking to the natives. The one-on-one classes really allowed the teacher to focus on the exact areas I needed practice.

Visited February 2013
Hi Amber, It's great to hear that you are using your Spanish! Thanks for your nice review - I'll pass your positive comments on to your teachers.
Goshen, Indiana, United States
“Great school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great staff, great teachers, great trips, great everything. This is exactly what you want in a spanish school. I spent 5 weeks studying and loved every minute of it.

Visited September 2013
Hi Hans, Thanks for your positive review! We enjoyed having you at the school. Behrmann said he really enjoyed taking your group out for the activities and excursions. Good luck with all your volunteer activities.