“Excellent Staff! Rooms Were Immaculate !” 5 of 5 stars

You added Villa Serena San Benito to your Saves list
Calle Circunvalacion 46, San Salvador, El Salvador   |
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in San Salvador
Olney, Maryland
“Excellent Staff! Rooms Were Immaculate !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have recently returned from visiting my son in San Saovador, there on a PhD program. I'dfnever been before. I am so glad to have learned of this hoitel. My Spanish is minimal. Was made to feel very welcome. Room was very attractive, cleaniness & friendliness a top priority here. Continental b'fast, very tasty. Available o n the 2nd flr ea morning. Other than cereal, 6 choices. All hot. All made to order. A block from the Sheraton. Far more intimate, Far more reasonable. The San Benito area of San Salvador quite nice. Safer than most. Not far from shopping & main avenue. Highly recommend them!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

The hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff is really nice. It is located steps from the museum of art (MARTE) in a safe area.
Stayed here for business and did not spend much time in the room. However, the water was hot, the room had a fridge and a small terrace, and the bed was good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nites during a short trip to San Salvador and it met my needs well. As I speak very little Spanish and the staff here speaks little English, it was not easy to communicate. Nevertheless, whenever I had a question or request, the front desk staff was very patient and helpful and I eventually I got my answers. This hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the main strip of all the bars and restaurants in La Zona Rosa (Please note however that the walk back is up a steep hill).and is only a 5 minute walk to the Sherton Presidente Hotel and the Marte Art Museum (without the hill). There are other (local) hotels in the area that are a few $ cheaper, but I was very satisfied with my stay. I will say that if you come in late at night (say after 1 am) the hotel is dark and it definitely does not cater to a late nite crowd.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

I've been staying at this hotel for 4 consecutive years at least twice a year for business. I'm a solo female business traveler and all I can say that it has everything I need (clean rooms, wireless internet, etc...). The area feels very safe and they go above and beyond with service (I needed to have some blouses and pants ironed when I arrived late at night and they managed to get me a lady to do this for me last minute). They are friendly, well mannered and keep the place very clean. The free breakfast is also a plus! And for the price??? this is great... I don't know what else people expect for such affordable price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

Have spent three nights at Villa Serena and as I found something else I runned away. I was adviced about Villa Serena from a friend who lived in San salvador. I contacted the hotel long in advance via email and I reserved a room for one week. Everything looked to be ok but when we stepped in we got to know they didn't have any reservation under my name. It was already 7.30 pm after an international flight and we were exhausted and we asked to sort it out. After some time they gave us a room with kitchenette (as we asked for) at first floor. The room was ok but had no balcony and only a window on the internal courtyard, no natural light coming in at anytime. Apparently there was no any common balcony in all the hotel and even to smoke a sigarette you had to step down and light it on on the street....Another thing is there is no restaurant service, only breakfast. The location is good but to be honest is plenty of other better hotels around the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Caracas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Clean and big rooms. Great location. Tasty included breakfast. Great deal for the price.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Serena San Benito? Share your experiences!