“A wonderful little place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arbol de Fuego Eco-Hotel

You added Arbol de Fuego Eco-Hotel to your Saves list
Arbol de Fuego Eco-Hotel
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Avenida Antiquo Cuscatian 11c | Col. La Sultana, San Salvador, El Salvador   |
Ranked #4 of 40 San Salvador B&B and Inns
Yakima, Washington, United States
“A wonderful little place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice in my trips to El Salvador and I have loved in both times. The rooms are simple but cozy. The grounds are so pretty, most notably the courtyard where breakfast is served. I had a group of people and the feeling from them was very positive. The staff were very friendly and the Wifi has been updated from last year so you can get reception throughout the hotel. The breakfast is the same so after day 3 I was going out for breakfast and not taking the free breakfast offered. But minor issues aside I was very happy with our stay

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. As a young woman traveling alone with an overnight and all day layover in San Salvador, I was worried about finding a safe place in the city to spend the night, as well as getting to and from the hotel safely on a budget. The hotel arranged both a taxi pickup at the airport as well as one to take me from the hotel to the airport the next day for a very reasonable price. The room was clean, comfortable, and safe, and having access to a shower with hot water, as well as wi-fi right in the room was much appreciated. Although I didn't use them, there are also a TV and air conditioner in the room, along with the fan. The staff here could not be friendlier, and they are happy to assist you with whatever you may need. Breakfast was delicious, and sitting in the garden sipping coffee is a beautiful way to start the day. This really is a "gem" in the city, and the hotel works hard to conserve natural resources as much as possible. I felt safe, comfortable, and relaxed the entire time, and due to the outstanding help of the staff and the beautiful hotel, I ended up enjoying my short stay in San Salvador and wishing I had more time here. If I am ever able to return to the city, I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The staff was very attentive, even before I arrived. They communicated with me by e-mail very quickly after I made inquiries and were friendly and accommodating.
This is an "eco-hotel" that makes every effort to conserve resources while at the same time offering the guests all the ammenities--air-conditioning, TV, WiFi, purified drinking water, hot showers, room phones. Decor is simple, rustic, and the rooms are very clean. A delicious healthy breakfast, which is included, is served in a lovely patio.
Since I was there by myself, I didn't venture out in search of dinner at night--you'd have to walk several blocks to get to a street with cafes. But Hotel Arbol provides a unique service: Gourmet Express, which I really appreciated. There are in-room booklets of menus from almost 50 local restaurants, which will deliver your food to you! This hotel is a great find at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, and in a great location right by UCA! The breakfast is great, the rooms are clean, and the price is good. The service was very good, and they were very accommodating. There's plenty of water to drink, hot water, and coffee to buy.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the building behind the main building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This urban gem is all about nature - in the heart of human-created (and crowded) San Salvador. The breakfast was delicious, with fresh, local fruits, eggs, cereal, bread/toast and other hot dishes (and fresh-squeezed orange juice). Very clean, very mellow, and relatively quiet for the city, most rooms surround a relaxing fountain with lots of green plants, which is a respite from the city. The green features were for real - no detergent-smelly sheets, and lots of real energy-saving devices (but still good hot water and A/C in the rooms, though I didn't use/need mine at night and prefer fresh air). I stayed three nights and worked from the hotel one of the days - excellent WiFi and perfect environment for relaxing and getting work done on my laptop. Everyone who works here is so nice and will go out of their way to help you with whatever you need, and the owner speaks excellent english. LOVE that they filter the water so you don't have to buy wasteful bottles! Arbol de Fuego is just 3-4 blocks from some of the greatest pupuserias in town and the botanical garden, and there always seems to be a taxi waiting out front if you need a ride. I stayed by myself and was quite comfortable and felt secure in the hotel and neighborhood.

Room Tip: I liked the second floor where I stayed - a bit more light and sunshine, which I like.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This eco -friendly hotel is family owned and probably has the friendliest, most helpful staff of any hotel in the city. I spent a part of the afternoon chatting with the owner’s daughter, Carolina, about the area and when I asked for a recommendation for a nearby restaurant she suggested that she accompany me on a tour of the nearby neighborhood and introduce me to “the best pupuseria” in the city. The Hotel Arbol del Fuego is a small bed and breakfast hotel in a charming residential neighborhood near the University of Central America and the charming neighborhood of Antigue Cuscatlan.

My room was on the second floor. It was small but very comfortable. There was free internet and wifi was available. I needed an early wake-up call and that was no problem. Transportation was readily available to the airport and various parts of the city. Again, the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. There are only 19 rooms in this small hotel and all of the staff is either family or from the immediate area.

Staying in this lovely little neighborhood hotel was like living in a garden withf all the eco-friendly plants and flowers. I would definitely return for my next visit

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel. I spent 8 nights here in October, 2012. The place is spotless and very quiet. The staff at this hotel is gracious and helpful. If it's raining they give you an umbrella when you go out. If you need directions they can tell you how to get where you are going. Everyone has a smile in this hotel. Arbol de Fuego is on a nice quiet street and is walking distance from some good restaurants (I really enjoyed Fonda del Sol, just a couple blocks away). This hotel is also very affordable. When I return to El Salvador I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Arbol de Fuego Eco-Hotel? Share your experiences!