I stayed here for two nights prior to a tour of Central America and loved this hotel. It is a wonderful place to relax which is what I wanted to do. The hotel is a semi-circular low rise built to fit into the top of a hillside. Within the semi-circle is a large, private, and beautifully landscaped pool area with hammocks as well as the usual pool loungers. At the pool, you would never know you were in the city. The hotel restaurant features terrace dining that opens out to the garden/pool. Good food and resonable prices.
The hotel is just across the street from a very good art museum and theater. I greatly enjoyed the art museum, but could not find out whether the theater had a performance while I was there. The box office staff person did not speak English. The hotel does not have a concierge and the desk staff did not know. The front desk staff should be trained to be more knowledgeable about nearby attractions, especially the theater schedule since it is so close. An archeological museum is a short cab ride away, but I did not have time to go there.
The rooms are nicely kept, good size, and have the usual excellent Sheration bedding. I paid for my stay using Starwood cash and points (Category 2). I consider the Presidente to be a very good value. I highly recommend the Presidente to anyone looking for a great place to stay in San Salvador.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Presidente San Salvador Hotel San Salvador
- Sheraton Presidente San Salvador Hotel
- Sheraton San Salvador
- San Salvador Sheraton
- Sheraton Presidente San Salvador El Salvador
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Presidente San Salvador is the premier lodging and conference facility in San Salvador. Situated in the best residential area, San Benito, yet close to the financial and commercial district, where you can also find the main shopping centers and theaters, such as Multiplaza shopping center and Feria Internacional. Comalapa international airport is just 35 minutes away. The hotel is distinguished by its luxurious facilities, ample gardens, and unbeatable service and warmth of its personnel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Media 8, Inc., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, HotelsClick, Tingo and Expedia so you can book your Sheraton Presidente San Salvador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.