“A Very Good Locally Owned Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mirador Plaza

You added Hotel Mirador Plaza to your Saves list
Hotel Mirador Plaza
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle El Mirador y 95 Ave Norte 4908, San Salvador 00000, El Salvador   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in San Salvador
Florida
“A Very Good Locally Owned Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel is in a very convenient and safe area. It is close to the World Trade Center, Shopping and Good restaurants. It is new and modern, locally owned and not so large as to be impersonal. I was very happy with my room. It was clean, had two beds, a great shower, plenty of room, internet hook-up. Not much view from my room, but I did not spend much time there anyway so this was not important. The front desk staff spoke excellent English and helped me twice when I needed information.

The restaurant was good and the buffet breakfast was excellent with a good selection of standard breakfast foods and an interesting variety of Spanish items. The coffee was great.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again.......it was very good value.

Room Tip: Because of its size, all of the rooms should be quiet. I was on the first floor and it was great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed at the Mirador Plaza for four days with a group. Nobody had any complaints. The location was nice with just a couple minute walk down to the World Trade Center. The rooms were large and the facilities well maintained. I had absolutely no view from my window, but I didn't really have a problem with that. Never had any problem with service. The wifi was a bit sketchy, but they had several different options to connect to. Breakfast didn't have a huge selection, but it was good with enough variety for everybody's tastes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Traveled here with friends to stay for a day before we headed out into the countryside and a couple of nights on the backend before we left, 12 of us in total. Pretty standard hotel. In the nicer part of San Salvador, it was very safe and very convenient to get to different destinations in San Salvador. Ate a few breakfasts and a dinner here. Good food, none of us got sick from it like other reviews have said. I was able to get online via wifi whenever I needed to and the connection was fast.

Two things i didn't like about this hotel, walls are very thin in the rooms and I could hear my neighbors TV into the night. Also, they seem to host a lot of conferences in their small conference room, which creates extra guests and extra noise, this complaint can be overlooked.

Would recommend again if you are on a budget looking for a place to stay in San Salvador for a night or two.

Room Tip: Second floor, towards the back!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Los Mochis, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stay here for a couple of nights, the price is good, they have a good restaurant with local meals and international food, it is not big as you can imagine in the pictures, but honestly is a New Building with good Decoration, it is in a safe zone, and is easy to get taxis from the front desk, they have a good swimming pool, little but clean and new, and really good garden, and the staff is really amiable.
The rooms are comfortable, and the only point we found not good here is that you need a LAN wire to get online in the internet, as the WiFi service is not really stable, at least by the time we where there, but all the others is good by a really good price.
I definitely would stay again here.

Room Tip: Try to get a Pool-Garden view is better...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

my colleagues and I went back every three very sick after eating at this hôtel.
We had to spend our weekend in bed and after a few days we're still sick. Should train staff in the kitchen to wash their hands! I will never advise the hotel restaurant to friends or colleagues! hygiene in the kitchen is the least we can expect from a hotel who rent rooms for work and meetings.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

The hotel is close to the world trade centre and in nice neighborhood. The service is Ok, be aware that you will only have a 350ml complementary bottle of water and that the water in the shower is not very warm.
Was given a 25% discount voucher on the bar, but when I went to have a beer was told that had to be when I checked in. And last and not least there were some sort of bug, fleas or mosquitoes, that left me all full of little bites all over my body.
I will not come back to this hotel on my next trip to San Salvador.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

If you are looking for an alternative to the large, chain hotels in San Salvador, this locally owned hotel may suit you. The staff is pleasant and helpful, although only the front desk staff speaks a bit of English. My room was basic but clean with two very comfortable double beds. There is a small pool and a bar and restaurant with a complimentary breakfast buffet. The buffet varied a bit each day and had a large selection. The hotel has the customary armed, private security guards - something I never quite got used to. I felt very safe in the hotel, although I did not press my luck by walking around the neighborhood at night.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Mirador Plaza? Share your experiences!