“Awesome spot with a Healthy Touch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 147 restaurants in San Salvador
Cuisines: International
El Cuco, El Salvador
“Awesome spot with a Healthy Touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Chocolate creme brulee! So tasty you want to eat 2.They use real healthy ingredients. The pizza they make is with whole wheat dough and made right in front of you. Also the ambiance is great, set in a plaza with a fountain and flowers and such. It feels like you can breath easier when you get enter the restaurant. A nice break from all the traffic and business in San Salvador. Next thing I want to trey is the pasta with white chocolate. Yummmm!

• Visited December 2013

100% Recommend
Sag Harbor, New York
“My Favorite Restaurant in San Salvador!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Basilea Grill is my very favorite restaurant in San Salvador. I've eaten here at least 20 times and every meal has been absolutely delicious. The outdoor tables on the sheltered terrace are situated in a patio that is surrounded by beautiful plants and trees and a pond, and the setting is very peaceful. There are so many dishes that I enjoy at Basilea that it is hard to select just one or two to mention in this review. I love the refreshing pineapple chicken salad for lunch and the fish is very delicious at dinnertime. There is also a mini tower of avocado and salmon that I love. The restaurant is part of a shopping complex next to Shaw's where yummy chocolate, bakery treats, (adult and children's) books and many other special items are sold. It is also located next to a shop that sells some items made in El Salvador, which tourists may enjoy seeing. Basilea is located next door to the Princess Hilton where I prefer to stay when I am in San Salvador, because of its proximity to Basilea and the surrounding shops in the complex. I feel very safe being in that whole complex alone in the day or night, and when I invite friends to join me at Basilea, they are always impressed with the freshness and diversity of the delicious food and the professionalism of the waiters. I would highly recommend Basilea Grill, and I am looking forward to going back to it on my next visit to El Salvador.

• Visited November 2013
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Basilea is smack in the middle of all the action yet is hidden amongst lucious greenery and has a super relaxed ambience. The menu has an ample mix and dare I say all of it is good! There is something for everyone, saladas, soups, sandwiches, super yummy pizzas, and even meats and fish. My personal fave is the Sesame Chicken Salad! Desserts are to die for as well (Macadamia Pie and the Strata are a must)! Next to Basilea is Zanzibar a very cool and laid back bar that plays live music thursday nights I think, so its a great combo if you want to dine and then have a few drinks. Highly recommend you visit!!

• Visited November 2013