“Excellent facility, new building but food quality not that great.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   89 Avenida Norte y 11 Calle Poniente, San Salvador, El Salvador   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 50 hotels in San Salvador
Boston
“Excellent facility, new building but food quality not that great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

The hotel is well maintained and has excellent views of the city as well as the volcano. I will definitely return again. The food in the restaurant is not that great. I don't recommend eating there. However, the service and the food at the concierge level was good. Also, the concierge level had free internet access.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I have done 2 business trips to San Salvador, and both times I've stayed at the Radisson. It is large/corporate but is saved from being charmless by some nice touches in its design and its wonderful staff. I've stayed at better fancier hotels, and this isn't a world-beater. But the rooms are clean, comfortable and have standard amenities that you'd expect from this type of hotel. It has a large pool and a restaurant and bar. Food is ok but not exciting.

It's the staff here that I have to single out - they couldn't do enough for me or be any more friendly. All of them seem to have good, very good or excellent English. They are charming, friendly and efficient. Both times I've checked out early morning, so been checked out by the night duty guy. If most hotels in the world had this guy as their main reception clerk they'd think they were lucky.

It is not as central as other hotels (I believe) but they will run you into town in their shuttle bus for free, and pick you up too!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
City of Angels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

This is the second time I have stayed at the Radisson Hotel in San Salvador. I can say nothing bad about this hotel. Beautiful decor, GREAT service from the front desk staff to the room service, to the business center to the massage lady Amanda.
I love this hotel for its elegance, pricing, service and rooms.
Well done!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

I am female & travel solo. when I arrived at the Radisson I was greeted with the best of service. The Bellboy , Douglas was great and very friendly. I went to the check in and they were so friendly & informative and they were so sincere that by the time i was checked in I flelt like I had new friends in El Salvador. The food at the buffet was excellent I ate there every morning & dinner & sometimes lunch. Dinner buffet was different every night and I loved everything. The wait staff are great and also the chefs are so friendly. The morning & noon chef Luis always greeted me by name and asked what i did the day before & what I was going to see that day. We would carry on a conversation like I was an old friend. The front desk Marco,Katia, Salomon (day shift) and Nalejandro (Night) have done everything possible to ensure I had a wonderful visit. The also would address me by name & asked about how my tours were and we also talked like we were friends. I used a radisson taxi driver, Santiago as my tour guide as he was so friendly, informative & professional. He cost a little less than a tour guide and a lot more fun. He really made sure I was safe at all times. He stayed with me where ever I went, even hiking up teh mountains. What ever you want to do or where ever you want to go he will take you. I used his services to go to Honduras & Guatamala and it cost me hundreds less than a tour company. The beds are very comfortable as are the pillows. The bathrooms are very clean (a must for me) as is the whole hotel. The pool is large & the gym has everything for a great workout and cardio. I cant say enough about this hotel & their wonderful staff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
San Carlos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

I stayed at the Radisson for 6 days for a work conference. The front desk, business center, and event management staff did a superb job, in my opinion. They were very friendly to me and our guests, and could manage in English and Spanish with aplomb.

The downstairs lobby, pool and terrace areas are spacious, open and beautiful. This lower part of the hotel is world-class.

The rooms are comfortable and reasonably sized although, as some have noted, they are in need of a makeover. Radisson's competitors offer nicer linens, pillows, luxury shampoos, and flat-screen TVs. But the lack of these small luxuries didn't affect my experience at all. The hot water was abundant, the coffee maker worked, and the iron pressed my clothing.

The a-la-carte food was good, although the buffet dinner was somewhat lackluster. Breakfast was great.

Also, the hotel is located near the Zona Rosa, which is an upscale part of the city with an abundant variety of international and high-quality Salvadoran restaurants. I didn't have a chance to stay out very late, but I understand the nightlife is there as well. The hotel offers a free shuttle that will take you to your chosen restaurant and bring you back when you're ready. This is a very nice amenity, saving you the taxi fare and the risk of an unscrupulous cab driver.

In short, I recommend the hotel for the business traveler or anyone else who would like to visit San Salvador.

• Liked — Good service, good location
  • Disliked — Rooms need to be updated
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bettystown, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

I stayed in the Radisson Plaza for a business conference in November 2007. I was struck by how friendly and helpful the staff of the hotel were - nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were huge, clean and more than adequately stocked. The swimming pool area and the gym were very well maintained. Very reasonably priced - I would have no difficulty in recommending this hotel.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Some of the menu choices were poor.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

I just completed my first trip to El Salvador and stayed at the Radisson El Salvador. The room is very nice but pretty standard fare, althought the bedding/linens were exceptionally nice. Overall, I would rate this a 3+ star hotel by most international standards, however in El Salvador it is probably a 4-5 star. The grounds, pool area, restaurant and lobby are absolutely beautiful. The personnel and wait staff are top notch. A special note about the restaurant. As I was single female traveler there on business, it is very difficult to get around San Salvador except by taxi to a specific location. Since I was not familiar with restaurants, locations, etc. I thought it best to stay at the hotel for dinner. I was not disappointed. Each evenings buffet had a unique theme - italian, oriental, etc. and the food and its presentaion were absolutely wonderful. As a matter of fact, I hated to take the food and mess up the presentations! The wait staff and service personnel in the restaurant provided 5 star service. I really enjoyed the experience. The only down side of the property is that I was told by the persons I was working with for the week that I should not leave the hotel property by myself to walk around, etc. That was pretty much the case everywhere in San Salvador and other areas of the country I visited. While it is safe to travel around the country, you really need to be with someone that knows their way around as traffic is very confusing, street signs non-existent in some areas, etc. The nightlife is great but centered around the areas larger malls for safety reasons. We went to a mall last night that consisted of numerous bars, clubs, discos, etc. where beautiful and chic people walked around and mingled at the outside tables and in the various lounges. A large number of security personnel were visible in the parking garage, on the floor, etc. so that there was a strong feeling of safety and security. You would need to take a cab to these areas and they are definitely not appealing to a woman traveling alone. Everyone there is with friends and family and you would stick out like a sore thumb! Fortunately I went with a large group of colleagues and had a wonderful time! Don't believe all the bad things you read on the internet about El Salvador. It is a very beautiful place with all of the comforts of home for the business traveler. The people are very friendly as well. Have a great stay!

• Liked — The restaurant and common areas
  • Disliked — The location relative to other things to do.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador? Share your experiences!