“Hotel with a great view.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   89 Avenida Norte y 11 Calle Poniente, San Salvador, El Salvador   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in San Salvador
Paris, France
“Hotel with a great view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

All the staff is extremely friendly and helpful all the time. They always try to do their best.
The view when having breakfast, which excellent by the way, outside is really beautiful.
We had a suite: the room was spacious with two double beds, two TV sets and aircon, a safe, but needs to be refurbished a bit (missing lights, old carpets). The bathroom lacks of shampoos, soaps ect....
The swimming- pool is really big and agreeable.
For dinner, you can eat at the hotel or just cross a safe bridge over the road that leads you to an open-air area full of nice restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank magosin M
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
We are very happy to learn that our rooms suited your needs and you were pleased with our staff. Thank you for preferring us; it was delightful to have you as our guest.
Your comments regarding our rooms are very important to us, since we are always working towards your satisfaction. Thank you for reviewing us!
We hope to have the opportunity of having you with us in the future.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed in the Plaza Suites option, which is the cheaper portion of the CP.

The room was very old and in need of revamp, with paint chips and carpet stains. That said, the room gives the user access to the CP pool, gym, restaurants, etc, which are of a good standard.

The breakfast buffet represented excellent value.

The staff were the highpoint of the CP. They were professional, helpful, and extremely courteous, welcoming, and friendly. Excellent!!!!!

One caveat: some of the advice I received from the concierge was poor and may have reflected a admit he didn't have an answer. I wanted to scuba dive and was told that the operator I had requested was unprofessional, which turned out to be quite untrue. I was told it would cost me $400 to dive by myself (another operator charged me $45) and when I expressed my disbelief, I was then told that if there were three others diving, I would pay $90. As $90 X 4 = $360, I'm not certain what $400 represented apart from an attempt to gouge me financially.

When I return to San Salvador, I'll shop around. That said, this is a reasonable option to which I may return to, especially given the fantastic staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Wandering_Rick:

We are very happy to learn about your experience at Plaza Hotel & Suites building we are in the process of rooms renovations.

We Love to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for preferring us; it was delightful to have you as our guest.

Your comments are very important to our team since we are always working towards your satisfaction. Thank you for reviewing us!

We hope to see you soon on your next trip to San Salvador.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

It is older but very good, the service staff was amazing and the view from the window to the volcano of San Salvador was a true experience. The hotel chain is always leave a great impression to travelers. Yes I will return to this place without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Morris,

Thank you for sharing your review. We love to learn about your experience with us and appreciate your comments. It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to El Salvador!

San Salvador, El Salvador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is my fourth business trip to San Salvador. I continue to be impressed by this little country that could and does everyday. I am particularly impressed with my choice of hotel accommodations on this trip. The Crowne Plaza is a wonderful sprawling hotel full of energetic employees who are a breath of fresh air in this culturally rich Central American city. I am not an easy sell. My job requires travel for at least 9 months out of the year, so very little surprises or impresses me. The Crowne Plaza dares you to not be impressed. A huge part of this hotel's winning customer care formula appears to be rooted in employees who genuinely put forth an effort to make each guest feel welcomed and accommodated beyond their expectations. A huge thanks to concierge Roberto Medina, you sir are a true jewel in the Crowne of this hotel. You are competent, attentive, knowledgeable and genuine. Your hotel is very fortunate to have you as a part of their organization. Thank you Roberto, for making my stay a memorable one. I am looking forward to my return. I have already booked my next reservation.

Thank you Crowne Plaza!

Room Tip: Firmest mattress i have ever slept on, but certainly not a negative experience
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JOHN R
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear John R,

Thank you for this fantastic review. Our staff strives to create memorable experiences; we are overjoyed to learn you had a pleasant stay. We appreciate your comments and will share them with Roberto and everyone in our team. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to San Salvador.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

In October my husband and I spent 2 weeks in The Crowne Plaza, the staff is amazing they go out of their way to make you feel especial and comfortable, especially the Bar and restaurant staff and not to mention the bell boys.

Wonderful place but this time we were a bit disappointed about the shuttle bus, three years ago when we visited, they were available every single day all day, this time only after 7pm and they have a fixed timetable, which is nice but not always convenient.
Thelma Martinez
Australia

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tania H, Director de Recepción at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Salvad0rena,
Thank you for your review. Our staff is very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay; we are committed to delivering memorable experiences to our guests.
Your comments regarding the shuttle will be shared with the related departments in an effort to provide you with a better service. We hope you will prefer Crowne Plaza San Salvador on your next trip to El Salvador.
Best regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

A great place to stay - but the jewels in their crowne (sorry!) are the concierge staff, namely Astrid & Roberto, both of whom went out of their way to ensure our stay was just perfect.
We were on the 7th floor with fabulous volcano and city views.
Not a great fan of hotel restaurants in general, on our last night & being car-less, decided to eat at the main restaurant. It was really, really good - I don't think I have ever had such a great meal in a hotel, with the possible exception of Claridges!

El Salvador is an absolutely lovely country - so much to do and see - well worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear YR R,
Thank you for your review. It has been shared with all of our staff. Astrid and Roberto are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide great service and are very proud of our team. For us, it is really important to learn about you experience; thank you for sharing your thoughts! We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to San Salvador.
Barrington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My stay in this hotel was one of the most pleasant that I have experienced this year (I travel 50%+ of the weeks in a year). Front desk service was excellent. Room was clean. Coffee was in the room. Access to the internet was excellent. Just what a busineess person is seeking when planning a trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Randy J,

Thank you for this great review! We are ecstatic to learn that you had a pleasant experience with us. It was delightful to have you as our guest; we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to El Salvador.