“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novo Apart-Hotel

Save Saved
You added Novo Apart-Hotel to your Saves list
Novo Apart-Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Final 61 Avenida Norte Colonia | Escalon, San Salvador, El Salvador   |
Ranked #17 of 50 hotels in San Salvador
Marietta, Georgia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

I recently booked this hotel with my mission group of over 32 people and we all had an amazing stay. They grounds were very well kept and the entire experience was excellent. We are staying with them again in June and expect nothing to be different! What a great place to stay....

Room Tip: the double suites are the best!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
World CItizens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

The Novo Apart hotel is appropriately named. It´s apart from the main part of the city while still being a part of the city. The rooms at Novo Apart are also set up to be like apartments.

The beds at Hotel Novo Apart were comfortable and the shower was warm. Not hot, but it was definitely a warm shower for the entire duration of my 8 minute shower, something I´ve discovered to be a bit of a novelty in Central America.

My favorite part of Novo Apart Hotel was the breakfast (Desayuno: dess – eye – you – no in Spanish). They had cook-to-order omlettes (a treat we haven´t had since hotel Aranjuez in Costa Rica), fried yucca with spicy salsa, watermelon, bread, fresh squeezed orange juice, and plantain sweetened and with cinnamon.

People do a lot with plantain in central America. It´s fun to discover all kinds of new options for things we can do with food when we get to a place where we`ll be cooking again.

We could have cooked at our kitchen at Novo Apart… there were dishes and a pan and a stove, but we were only in San Salvador for 1 day and 2 nights so we wanted to maximize our time in seeing the city.

We also had dinner at the hotel. Novo Apart´s restaurant has many options on their dinner menu, and Carrie and I both found options we liked, which included a side salad… something we’ve been missing during our travels in central America.

We didn’t use the pool, but from our experience, Novo Apart´s pool is very clean and a nice place to sit while relaxing or catching some El Salvadorean sun.

Most El Salvador hotels we found were $110 or more per night. At $65-$80 per night, Hotel Novo Apart is one of the least expensive nicer hotels we found in San Salvador, and it comes recommended if you´re looking for a less expensive option where you will still feel comfortable and catered to.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
san jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I was at these hotel for over a week , my stay was the most pleasant of all others since I found these place they treat me as one of the family and if they did´nt know something they try there best to acomodate my needs.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
cincinnati ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

When I visit El Salvador for business and I have to stay in the capital, I usually stay in the Novo Apart Hotel. I enjoy the arrangement of the suites (with kitchennette), which allow for business meetings in-room when needed. Also, the restaurant is nice (the breakfast buffet is excellent!), and the poolside amenities are great. The Novo is centrally located, and taxi stands are nearby, so getting around town to-from the Novo is easy. And the pricing at the Novo is great. When they are booking rooms at about $50 per night (usually a couple months each year) this is the best hotel value in San Salvador. And even when priced a little higher, it is still a bargain.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I stayed at Novo-Apart Hotel for about a week, I was supposed to stay longer but unfortunately it didn't turn out that way. The hotel is located near a couple of nightclubs, and the German techno music starts at around 11pm and continues well into the morning hours most nights.

I'm not a light sleeper so it takes a lot to wake me up. I spoke to hotel staff about this and at first they were not that helpful, saying that if it happens again and I'm woken up I need to ring them and then they will then contact the police who will then go to the club ask them to turn the music down. After this happened about 4 nights in a row, I was desperate for a full nights sleep and it just wasn't possible at this hotel. I checked out and went to another hotel.

Also the hotel is not the best location. I was a sinlge female there for work and to be honest I felt very uncomfortable working around the hotel. There is a shopping mall about 15 min walk from the hotel and even the hotel reception advised me to talk a taxi. Not ideal. I would recommend this hotel if you are there 1-2 days but no loger. Its a shame as staff are nice, if not a little inefficient.

• Liked — Kitchen in the room is handy
  • Disliked — Noisey environment
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Villa Rica, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

Travelling in Central America for almost 7 weeks "without a plan" we (a retired U. S. couple in our 50's and a retired Canadian couple) did not plan to go to El Salvador. However, we ended up in San Salvador and decided on the Novo Apart-Hotel after reading Trip Advisor reviews. The hotel is in a peaceful garden setting in a big city. The rooms were pleasant. Safety deposit boxes are available at no charge. There is 24-hour security, a pool, and a good restaurant. Everything is well organized with Dona Carmen (owner) on site weekdays. Some of the front desk staff speak English, but everyone is anxious and willing to help with any questions and other travel arrangements. We stayed here 3 nights and returned for one night on our way back to Honduras. We found this hotel to be a good value and highly recommend it for both pleasure and business travel.

• Liked — Helpful Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

The Novo Apart-Hotel was recommended by a Salvadoran business associate, and we have been repeat guests ever since. The rooms are simple by US standards but clean and comfortable, and the staff is very helpful. Having some Spanish helps a lot because most of the staff speak little if any English. There is wireless internet in most areas of the hotel. The buffet breakfast with made to order omelets is wonderful! It's great to relax poolside with drinks and food from the restaurant after a long busy day, it really is like a quiet green oasis in the middle of the city. Don't count on dinner in a hurry, because the restaurant service can be quite slow at times, but this has as much to do with Salvadoran culture as anything. Just relax and enjoy.

• Liked — Peace and quiet!
  • Disliked — Slow service at dinner and not all menu items readily available
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Novo Apart-Hotel? Share your experiences!