“Decent hotel and decent stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Princess San Salvador

You added Hilton Princess San Salvador to your Saves list
Hilton Princess San Salvador
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave las Magnolias y Blvd del Hipodromo, San Salvador, El Salvador   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in San Salvador
Boston, Massachusetts
“Decent hotel and decent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had a good stay at this hotel while traveling on business. Nice location. Very calm and quiet neighborhood. Lots of restaurants nearby. The rooms are spacious and clean. The Gym, Spa, SAuna is very good. The buffet breakfast in the morning is awesome with lots of varieties to choose from.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Princess S, Director of Sales at Hilton Princess San Salvador, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Princess for your recent stay at San Salvador and for taking your valuable time to share your comments with us and other travelers.

We cannot thank you enough for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers! Please come back upon your next trip to San Salvador, we will be more than happy to welcome you back.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed on the Hilton Team Member Travel Program. Always excellent hotel to stay at! Staff always goes above and beyond!! Kruger always does his best to make you feel at home, always going above and beyond to make our group feel welcomed! Only problem is that I stayed at this hotel back in February on theTMTP and was not charged for breakfast, but when I just stayed in July I got charged for it every morning and the man working the front desk rudley said "You should of been charged in February too!" BE CAREFUL of hidden charges on your reciept. Overall, an awesome place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from Hilton Princess San Salvador,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your recent stay at San Salvador and for taking your valuable time to share your comments with us and other travelers. We are really glad to hear that our staff was able to satisfy your needs and meet your expectations. We´ll share your nice comments with them, especially with Kruger.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience in Reception, improvement measures will be taken in order to avoid such confusion in the future. Once again, we thank you for your preference and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Murfreesboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel during my business stay. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. Wifi was a bit spotty in my room but honestly expected questionable wifi. Good restaurants within walking distance and you feel safe. The bar and restaurant in the hotel are great if you don't want to leave the hotel with very reasonable prices. The pizza from the hotel was very good and the bar had 2 for 1 specials.

The front desk staff was extremely helpful and the drivers outside of the hotel took us on a tour for a reasonable price to the volcano and to try some local food. The breakfast at the restaurant was good but definitely would not have liked it if it wasn't included in my hotel stay.

Dear Luke

Greetings from Hilton Princess San Salvador. We would also like to thank you for sharing your opinion. We will take it constructively in order to improve. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your business stay at Hilton Princess and we would like to thank you for your kind words and the time spent in writting your comments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Hilton Princess San Salvador.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

One night billed even though this reservation was a points stay. Perfect except for the billing error. Resolution still in progress. Watch your bill and your credit card statement. Billing occurred without my approval or having been reviewed with me. My departure charges did not show the extra billing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton Princess S, Director of Sales at Hilton Princess San Salvador, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Princess San Salvador,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel. It was a pleasure for us to host you during your visit to San Salvador. Your opinions are very important to us, we will investigate the issue regarding the billing error and make sure it is being taken care of.

We really hope to have you as a guest again in the nearest future.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently went with a medical team to San Salvador and our stay at this hotel was exceptional. The staff was more than friendly, the food was fantastic, and I think the beds were some of the most comfortable I've stayed in. I had fun playing billiards there as well. I think some of their drinks were overpriced but the overall stay was absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!! I would definitely go back if I return to San Salvador.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Princess S, Director of Sales at Hilton Princess San Salvador, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Princess San Salvador.

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad that we were able to make your stay memorable. We would be honored to have you as a guest in a near future.
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is well located in the Zona Rosa. Lots of restaurant choices within a few blocks from fast food to very good seafood, steak etc. For five dollars or less you can get a taxi to most places like Gran Via or the city center. The hotel is perfectly safe and the area around the hotel is as well. I jogged around each evening and had no issues.
The hotel itself is a bit worn. Can use some upgrading. The lobby has 2 adjoining bars both are very mediocre and a facelift is in order. The executive lounge is poor sadly. The breakfast is unappetizing and the evening fare is worse. Service in the lounge is non existent.
The company they use for hotel pickup needs to be replaced. I was met at the airport by a gentleman with a sign then escorted to a regular yellow taxi (although I had called the hotel in advance asking for a "private car". Here "private car" means for $10 extra dollars they will put you in a yellow cab you can get yourself. The driver drove like a maniac (the only time I felt scared in this "dangerous country").
All the above said I would still recommend this hotel and will return. Why? I complained about the car service and the General Manager spoke to me and addressed the situation. And the hotel facility, as I said in need of some upgrading,is ok. But it is the staff that is 5 star. From the door people, the outstanding concierge, security, housekeeping everyone (except executive lounge personnel)was so friendly. The concierge arranged three days of trips for me and they were perfect. Restaurant recommendations also perfect. Breakfast in the restaurant is very good. Pool is decent. Internet works very well which is critical to me.
So if you want a safe, well located hotel with a great staff and very good management around if an issue arises this is the place. Not far from 4 star more like.3.5 right no.

Room Tip: High Floor has nice views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Princess S, Director of Sales at Hilton Princess San Salvador, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Greeting from Hilton Princess San Salvador,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel. It was a pleasure hosting you. We are glad that you enjoyed you stay at the Hotel and that you found our amenities convenient to your needs. We would be glad to be able to host you again in the near future.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well let see, i stayed here 10 nights from May 31st, 2013 to June 10th, 2013. Arrived a t Comalapa airport May 31st, 2013 and had a taxi waiting for me ( thats only because i called in advanzed but had to pay $40 and the orinal proces was to be $35 but we'll get to that after ) Check in was fairly quick but receptionist personally i didn't feel he was very polite, wouldn't even look at me, maybe he was too busy but i was the only at reception at the time. Didn't tell me what was included with my stay although i already knew i wanted to confirm ( i was staying on the executive floor 10th floor room 1006) I've stayed at other Hilton (in Managua) and i actually like that one better. Bell boy was really nice and polite, asked him a few questions of where to go and everything and he was owesome. Now about the getting charged $40 and not $35 like it was said over the phone. Well i asked the driver about getting a SIM card for my phone so i can have a local # he said sure i'll take you but never said nothing about charging extra $5. not that i care about the $5 but it would have been nice to know, at the time that i was gonna pay i asked should i just charge it to my room or pay you and he said pay me that way i don't have to give you a receipt ( personla apinion i think he kept th $5 for himself. Transportation the hotel did have transportation for a fee which is cool but only during the day nothing at tnight. I have stayed at the Hilton Managua and there's 24/7 tranportation and these taxis are designated for hotel guests only ( makes me feel safer) Reception staff was never there at night after 23:00, so i couldn't ask for transportation good thing i had already arranged for my own transportation. Not once did the hotel staff offer for any tour or anything like it. room was nice and clean but only a few outlets were working on the wall and not all the lights worked. Cleaning staff was great all the time. One morning after being up late i woken up to some banging on the wall i looked and there was a repair man hammering away next door fixing the door, i don't know but may a waring that there was going to be some maintenance going on would have been nice. Restaurant staff on executive lounge was ok, apperantly they had happy hour from 17:30 to 22:00 which is nice but everytime i went in there not once did they ask me if i needed another drink, all they ever said was can i take your plate away but never offer drinks. If is happy hour as far as i know its open bar in the executive floor so who cares you can drink all you want. staff was still nice but not very attentative. Pool was nice but again no one ever came out and asked if maybe i needed a drink or some to eat. Over all i think the hotel is nice but needs to improve their customer service skills. Would i stay here again? possibly, but i do expet more from the hilton and for what i'm paying. Not saying this hilton is bad, but there's room fro improvement.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hilton Princess S, Director of Sales at Hilton Princess San Salvador, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Princess!

Thank you for your comments regading your stay at Hilton Princess. We appreciate providing feedbacks regarding your stay, this way we can make improvements in our service. We would be honored to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Best regards

Been to Hilton Princess San Salvador? Share your experiences!