“Not-Intercontinental Standard” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall

Save Saved
You added Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall to your Saves list
Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. de los Heroes and Avenue Sisimiles, San Salvador AP 05 44, El Salvador   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 50 hotels in San Salvador
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not-Intercontinental Standard”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Traveled here for business this week. After staying in Intercontinental Hotels all around Central and South America, this one really stands out in a bad way. I am an Ambassador Club member which costs $200 year and they refused my entry to the Club Level which is standard for my membership. In addition, the service staff was not helpfull; the General Manager did not present himself when I attempted to escalate the problem. All in all, not a pleasant experience for someone that is flying in and working deals to promote growth in El Salvador. As a result, I plan to quit the entire program due to the Intercontinental inconsistency. Look elsewhere...

BTW, the rooms are not very nice with towels that appear to be 20 years old and no bath robe as is standard at other hotels. Good riddance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear gammish:

Thank you for sending us your comments. Receiving feedback from our guests is very important to us and we take each observation very seriously. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We have taken note of your comments and are committed to improving our service.
Please give us the opportunity to serve you again and we will make sure that you enjoy staying with us.

Please do not hesitate to write me at: miriam.melendez@r-hr.com

Sincerely yours,

Miriam Melendez

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Miami, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I was told it's too dangerous to go to El Salvador. We only found friendly people, an incredibly clean & enjoyable hotel, and amazing people. The hotel has it all: 4 restaurants, a clean room, great spa, attentive staff & great location. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear gravelson:

Thank you very much for this wonderful comment, we really appreciate it.

We hope to you with us again.

Sincerely yours,
Yakima, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the intercontinental on a business trip and was very happy with the stay. The breakfast was sumptuous and beautiful. The only complaint that I have is that my room was adjacent to a night club across the street and the music after 10pm made it less restful. The other perk is that there is a large shopping center across from the hotel that made souvenir shopping a snap. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall a enjoyable stay!

• Stayed July 2012
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Jonathan E:

Thank you for sending in your review! We are delighted that you came to visit us and share you experience; we are going to take into account your remarks that help us to improve our service.

We hope to have you again with us and thank you very much.
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE was friendly. I was greeted from the front door to the maid service with a smile and "Can I help you?". This was one of the best hotel experiences I have had in a long time, and I travel a great deal. I am scheduling a return next June -- and can't wait for the comfortable bed, the great food (especially breakfast!), the very fast wifi, and service par excellence.

Room Tip: I stayed in the "odd" side -- with a view of the mall across the street. I'm not sure...
Dear BpDianeBruce:

We are delighted with your comments and are committed to maintaining the great level of service that you received during your stay.

Thank you very much!!!

We look forward to your next visit with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I like this place. A bit dated, but for the most part well maintained. Nice gardens, restaurants and club on the executive floor is perfect for quick breakfast or happy hour. Staff were friendly and taxis generally available on demand.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Jason P:

Thank you very much for this time you took writing this comment, we are glad to know that you have enjoy your stay with us.

We hope to have you with us again.
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and booked this hotel using award points from Priority Club.
The hotel looks nice and feels safe, but that is about all it has to offer.
The valet parking attendants are not helpful at all. We used the service twice and had to wait way too long to get our car even though they were not busy at all.
The non-smoking rooms smell of cigarettes and when people in the other rooms smoke, the smoke and smell come in through the vents.
They nickel and dime you to death. The internet is outrageously priced, specially for this market. $4 for two hours access that keeps dropping, and this is the first hotel I've stayed at in 15 different countries that charges to use the business center computer - $4 for 15 minutes and $0.50 per page to print??? plus, you need to get two separate attendants to help you out, one to get you logged and one to get the printing done. Neither sits in the business center and neither can do the others job so it took me almost 45 minutes and cost me over $10 to print one page of directions to my customer's site.
The staff is not very friendly - probably because I used points I am not considered a "paying customer" so they don't need to help out. Barely a "hello" when you walk in and they are very condescending to guests. When I complained about the cost and difficulty of using the business center the front desk clerk told me that they operate hotels all over Central America and Colombia so they can do that if they want. As true as that may be, you don't respond to a customer like that.

The breakfast buffet is outrageously priced at $20 per person with poor service and not very good food. I wanted to try the Brazilian steak house, but I am afraid to eat in this place.

The last time couple of times I came to San Salvador I stayed at either the Marriott or the Hilton Princess. Either hotel is a much better value for the money and the staff at both places goes out of their way to help you out. There are some great hotels in this city, but The InterContinental Real San Salvador is not one of them. They fail to deliver value and/or service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Real-IC, Front Office Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear rockingordo

Regards from the family of Real InterContinental San Salvador

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know all the inconveniences you had during your stay. I am very sorry to find out that you did not enjoy your time with us and I would like to express our most sincere apologies.

We really appreciate your comments and we know there is nothing we can do now to amend it; however, we would like to have the opportunity to contact you to know more details in order to amend these situations. Please be sure all of our Priority Club members are very important to us, please give us the opportunity to stay with us in a new future and I will make sure we will avoid all of these or any other kind of incidents.

Please do not hesitate to write me at: alba.alfaro@r-hr.com

Alba Lilian Alfaro.
Rooms Division Manager
BXL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good business Hotel. Provides all the necessary services needed by a business traveler.
Moreover rooms are spacious and beds confortable.
The surprise were the restaurants. Both the mexican and the brazilian restaurants are quite quite good. A special remark must go to the brazilian restaurant, where the meat really tastes like brazilian meat, which is no easy feat.
All in all, thumbs up for hotel and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear NunoMS:

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the time you spent with us and it is great to know that you enjoyed our mexican and brazilian restaurants.
We hope you will come back again soon!

Been to Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall? Share your experiences!