“An amazing experience, can't wait to return.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall

Save Saved
You added Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall to your Saves list
Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. de los Heroes and Avenue Sisimiles, San Salvador AP 05 44, El Salvador   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 50 hotels in San Salvador
Irvine, California
“An amazing experience, can't wait to return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE was friendly. I was greeted from the front door to the maid service with a smile and "Can I help you?". This was one of the best hotel experiences I have had in a long time, and I travel a great deal. I am scheduling a return next June -- and can't wait for the comfortable bed, the great food (especially breakfast!), the very fast wifi, and service par excellence.

Room Tip: I stayed in the "odd" side -- with a view of the mall across the street. I'm not sure...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear BpDianeBruce:

We are delighted with your comments and are committed to maintaining the great level of service that you received during your stay.

Thank you very much!!!

We look forward to your next visit with us!

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I like this place. A bit dated, but for the most part well maintained. Nice gardens, restaurants and club on the executive floor is perfect for quick breakfast or happy hour. Staff were friendly and taxis generally available on demand.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Jason P:

Thank you very much for this time you took writing this comment, we are glad to know that you have enjoy your stay with us.

We hope to have you with us again.
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and booked this hotel using award points from Priority Club.
The hotel looks nice and feels safe, but that is about all it has to offer.
The valet parking attendants are not helpful at all. We used the service twice and had to wait way too long to get our car even though they were not busy at all.
The non-smoking rooms smell of cigarettes and when people in the other rooms smoke, the smoke and smell come in through the vents.
They nickel and dime you to death. The internet is outrageously priced, specially for this market. $4 for two hours access that keeps dropping, and this is the first hotel I've stayed at in 15 different countries that charges to use the business center computer - $4 for 15 minutes and $0.50 per page to print??? plus, you need to get two separate attendants to help you out, one to get you logged and one to get the printing done. Neither sits in the business center and neither can do the others job so it took me almost 45 minutes and cost me over $10 to print one page of directions to my customer's site.
The staff is not very friendly - probably because I used points I am not considered a "paying customer" so they don't need to help out. Barely a "hello" when you walk in and they are very condescending to guests. When I complained about the cost and difficulty of using the business center the front desk clerk told me that they operate hotels all over Central America and Colombia so they can do that if they want. As true as that may be, you don't respond to a customer like that.

The breakfast buffet is outrageously priced at $20 per person with poor service and not very good food. I wanted to try the Brazilian steak house, but I am afraid to eat in this place.

The last time couple of times I came to San Salvador I stayed at either the Marriott or the Hilton Princess. Either hotel is a much better value for the money and the staff at both places goes out of their way to help you out. There are some great hotels in this city, but The InterContinental Real San Salvador is not one of them. They fail to deliver value and/or service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Real-IC, Front Office Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear rockingordo

Regards from the family of Real InterContinental San Salvador

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know all the inconveniences you had during your stay. I am very sorry to find out that you did not enjoy your time with us and I would like to express our most sincere apologies.

We really appreciate your comments and we know there is nothing we can do now to amend it; however, we would like to have the opportunity to contact you to know more details in order to amend these situations. Please be sure all of our Priority Club members are very important to us, please give us the opportunity to stay with us in a new future and I will make sure we will avoid all of these or any other kind of incidents.

Please do not hesitate to write me at: alba.alfaro@r-hr.com

Alba Lilian Alfaro.
Rooms Division Manager
BXL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good business Hotel. Provides all the necessary services needed by a business traveler.
Moreover rooms are spacious and beds confortable.
The surprise were the restaurants. Both the mexican and the brazilian restaurants are quite quite good. A special remark must go to the brazilian restaurant, where the meat really tastes like brazilian meat, which is no easy feat.
All in all, thumbs up for hotel and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear NunoMS:

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the time you spent with us and it is great to know that you enjoyed our mexican and brazilian restaurants.
We hope you will come back again soon!
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed by this property. The staff was superb. There are 4 restaurants onsite. Many locals come and dine here. All in the details....and this hotel has lots of them. Extremely comfortable room. I enjoyed this IC property over the one in Santiago, Chile....much better. Excellent value and very inexpensive. I will be staying there again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Latino_Hog:

Thank very much for this fantastic review, Great service is our top priority so we are very pleased that our service exceeds your expectations.

Thank you and we hope you will come and visit us again soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is by no means a 4 star hotel in many countries but in El Salvador your options for a comfortable business hotel are limited. I was fine with the Intercon. Could not beat the price. One of the nice parts of travelling off the grid is you can get a decent business Hotel for 100 bucks a night.

Rooms are comfortably appointed, but think Sheraton comfortable, not Intercon. Food and drink were obscenely overpriced. I guess thats where they make their money. Go out to eat and bring in your own beer. There is a great shopping mall across the street.

Room was a bit stuffy. San Sal is a hot and humid city. Functional air conditioning I find to be nice at the end of the day. Not so much here. Its "air conditioned" but its nominal so you sleep a little sweaty. If your from a humid place it wont bother you. If you arent its a tad bit uncomfortable. I give it a 4 because it is a lot of bang for your buck. It well exceeded my expectations for 100 a night. Now if this were a 200 dollar a night Hotel is would get a 2.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear brianmdr9:

We want to thank you for the time you took to write and share your comments of your stay with us, we really appreciate it.

We hope to have you with us again.

Sincerely yours,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We have nothing bad to say about our 4 night stay at the Intercontinental in San Salvador. Excellent service, beautiful room and great restaurants.
Our special thanks go to Marvin the concierge during our stay, keep a look out for him, he is one of the best in the business.
We can and will recommend this hotel to anyone, the only 1 star award goes to the accounts department as we we were charged extra for wifi.
Shame on you. Even as a Priority member I had to pay $3.99 for 2 hours.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest Guest:

Thank you for sending us this fabulous review! Great service is our top priority so we are very pleased that our service consistently exceeds your expectations. About Internet service, let us inform you that Elite Priority Club member will have it Included from July 2013.
Thank you and we hope you will come and visit us again soon!

Been to Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall? Share your experiences!