The hotel was very good overall; room was nice, bed very comfortable. Only bad thing I could say about the room, actually, was that there was a bathtub/shower combo in the bathroom and because of this, they have used shower curtains. I hate shower curtains and it just cheapens the atmosphere of a hotel like this. Room service attendants were great, always cheery and helpful. I have to say, though, that I had the worst pizza of my life while there. Do not order pizza!!!
Now for the bad part: upon arrival, we found out that the company I work for hadn't yet paid for our stay - I tried paying for it with my own credit card, but since I hadn't unblocked it for international transactions it was denied. We left a money deposit for our first night and an extra for possible additional expenses and would resolve the matter the next day since it was already past midnight. When my colleague arrived at his room, though, he found out that they had locked his minibar and taken away the key - when callling the reception, he was told that yes, it was locked, since we hadn't made a credit card reservation for the whole stay. Did I mention that we gave them a money deposit in cash for the first night + an additional sum? Yeah. That left a bitter taste, since I would expect this kind of behaviour from a (bad) hostel, not Intercontinental.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de lujo ubicado en el centro de entretenimiento y negocios de la ciudad, frente al Centro Comercial mas grande de Centro America, con facil acceso al aeropuerto. Habitaciones recientemente renovadas con ventanas anti ruidos, internet 50MB, camas especialmente disenadas con sabanas de algodon egipcio y otras comodidades. Disfruta del restaurante Faisca al estilo brasileno, Picasso de cocina mediterranea y el NAU Lounge Sushi bar. Explora los lugares locales como la Villa Maya Joya de Ceren ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotels Real San Salvador Hotel San Salvador
- Intercontinental San Salvador
- San Salvador Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental San Salvador At Metrocentro Mall El Salvador