The hotel was very good overall; room was nice, bed very comfortable. Only bad thing I could say about the room, actually, was that there was a bathtub/shower combo in the bathroom and because of this, they have used shower curtains. I hate shower curtains and it just cheapens the atmosphere of a hotel like this. Room service attendants were great, always cheery and helpful. I have to say, though, that I had the worst pizza of my life while there. Do not order pizza!!!
Now for the bad part: upon arrival, we found out that the company I work for hadn't yet paid for our stay - I tried paying for it with my own credit card, but since I hadn't unblocked it for international transactions it was denied. We left a money deposit for our first night and an extra for possible additional expenses and would resolve the matter the next day since it was already past midnight. When my colleague arrived at his room, though, he found out that they had locked his minibar and taken away the key - when callling the reception, he was told that yes, it was locked, since we hadn't made a credit card reservation for the whole stay. Did I mention that we gave them a money deposit in cash for the first night + an additional sum? Yeah. That left a bitter taste, since I would expect this kind of behaviour from a (bad) hostel, not Intercontinental.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotels Real San Salvador Hotel San Salvador
- Intercontinental Hotels Real San Salvador Hotel
- Intercontinental San Salvador
- San Salvador Intercontinental
- InterContinental Hotels Real San Salvador El Salvador
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury hotel is located in the heart of the city's thriving entertainment and business centres. Adjacent to one of Central America's largest shopping malls and with easy access to the airport. All our rooms have been newly renovated and include soundproof windows, high speed WiFi 24MB, customized mattresses and more. Enjoy our wide selection of restaurants such as; Faisca- authentic Brazilian flair, Picasso- Mediterranean flavored cuisine and NAU Lounge, our trendy and vibrant bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Hotels Real San Salvador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.