Staying here is like living in an America bubble. As soon as you walk in the hotel, you have all the familiar settings- high spacious structured architecture and business feel. The perfect temperature control shuts out all the humidity and heat, leaving the room quiet and calm.
Even when you turn on the TV, all the American channels will make you think you were just sitting in any other US Intercontinental room. And if you can't find what you want to watch or have your laptop, you can utilize the complete panel of video, audio, USB connection to the 37" LCD TV either for your own movie or prepare for a full screen presentation. The local packs of Salvadorian coffee was the only indication that you are in actually in El Salvador.
Amenities were plenty ample and complete. And the adjustable reading light on the headboard was a nice touch. They ran out of king size beds at the time and only had 2 non-queen size beds. These were Full size beds but were still very comfortable.
The service from the concierge, check-in, to people who were helping to carry the bags, were all very courteous and efficient.
Food wise, for the dinner, the drink was good strong and not too sweet. The ceviche was quite good. But the fish dish was a bit on the bland side even with the heavy sauce on top. The guacamole was okay. For breakfast, it had a good selection of cheese, typical American cereal breakfast. But the bonus was Granadilla fruit and pupusas!
In terms of location, this hotel is very much situated for shopping as crossing the street is the gigantic mall MetroCentro.
Or rather, they have an excellent concierge who's specialized in short tours if you only have a few hours to check out the city. Talking to Marvin at 9am, the concierge person who has the information at his fingertips and is knowledgeable to put things together quickly, he was able to book a tour for 10am (they usually just need just half an hour) with a tour guide (tour guide drove his own car) to visit the San Salvador Volcano (15 dollars) and the city center (35 dollars.) Not too cheap for just 2.5 hours but considering the prompt, fast but safe driving, it was definitely worth the quick trip.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotels Real San Salvador Hotel San Salvador
- Intercontinental Hotels Real San Salvador Hotel
- Intercontinental San Salvador
- San Salvador Intercontinental
- InterContinental Hotels Real San Salvador El Salvador
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury hotel is located in the heart of the city's thriving entertainment and business centres. Adjacent to one of Central America's largest shopping malls and with easy access to the airport. All our rooms have been newly renovated and include soundproof windows, high speed WiFi 24MB, customized mattresses and more. Enjoy our wide selection of restaurants such as; Faisca- authentic Brazilian flair, Picasso- Mediterranean flavored cuisine and NAU Lounge, our trendy and vibrant bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Hotels Real San Salvador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.