“The food melts in my mouth. Amazing sophicated classy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Esperanto

Esperanto
79 Avenida Sur, Pasaje a #27 | Colonia la Mascota, Zona Rosa, San Salvador 503, El Salvador
+503 2124 7418
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 185 Restaurants in San Salvador
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion, Salvadoran, Central American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: At Esperanto, we specialize in innovative, Salvadoran haute cuisine that highlights local and seasonal products in a fine dining atmosphere. Our space also serves as a rotating art gallery, featuring new collections from El Salvador's vibrant art scene. Hidden behind the guise of "El Salvador only has the rainy & dry seasons" is a vibrant cycle of micro-seasons that delivers brilliant native ingredients year round. The availability of these fruit, vegetables, mushrooms and flowers ranges widely from a few weeks to a just few hours. At Esperanto, we work closely with a wide variety of local farmers and foragers to bring these special, limited availability, products to your table. Our chef works closely with clients to design unique, gourmet menus for special events, private catering, weddings and business events.
Honolulu, Hawaii
“The food melts in my mouth. Amazing sophicated classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

A good friend brought me here to unwind from a lot work. Plus we had not seen each other for years I did not expect what I got. The food was soo good the service incapable the atmosphere and patriots we inviting. I have come back twice in 3 days. I tried dishes I eould never eat and wanted more. I highly recomend this place. I am a women of fine dining and in all places I have found one of my top three favorites.

San Salvador, El Salvador
“Best ribeye in El Salvador”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

With out a doubt, Esperanto has the best ribeye in El Salvador. Adicionally, The Bull Tail is spectacular. Numerous other plates are creative, original and great. I highly recomend this restaurant.

San Salvador, El Salvador
“Detailed review of my visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Here is a link to my review on Esperanto!

I hope you enjoy the place and I recommend you order their take on the tiramisu.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Just to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Short but excellent menu list.
Ask for the "out of menu" options

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“World class food with an especially local twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I visit San Salvador from the U.S. and since I tried Esperanto on a recent visit it has become a highlight of my returns to the city. The chef here is taking local ingredients and having fun with them and creating a fine dining experience to rival those of the best in the U.S. or Europe. Though it is fine dining it does not seem to lose the local flavor or authenticity, it just takes things to a new level. On recent visits we enjoyed the riguas with seafood in them, the mushroom dishes (locally harvested varieties) and even desserts were very delicious. The staff is excellent and knowledgable of the menu. Wine selection is good to great for San Salvador. Overall this is a must try for anyone with a sophisticated palate, this is a one of a kind foodie gem.