“Excellent hotel in San Salvador” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Angel Hotel

You added Villa del Angel Hotel to your Saves list
Villa del Angel Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   71 Avenida norte #219, colonia Escalon, San Salvador 00106-8000, El Salvador   |
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in San Salvador
Malmo, Sweden
“Excellent hotel in San Salvador”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed a couple of nights at this hotel i Zona Rosa in San Salvador. The location is excellent with commercial center only 50 meters from the hotel. This area is very safe and relaxed however take care after dark. The staff was very service minded and helped me to find a ticket agent for buses to Managua in Nicaragua.They arranged a taxi which turned out to be staff at the hotel doing the driving. It was some work to do to find the bus company and their office.. Definitely worth the money spent.

Regarding the rooms!
You will get a very nice well maintained room. The bed was excellent. There is a widescreen TV in the room, safe and hairdryer, hot and cold water in the shower! You will get an decent American breakfast!
Wi-Fi can be a bit slow!.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Villa del Angel is a good value, modern hotel in the Colonia Escalon district of San Salvador. My wife and I stayed here some time ago after travelling down from Guatemala and spending some time at the coastal towns of El Salvador. It was a very clean (one of the cleanest places we stayed during our 2 months in Central America), pleasant and comfortable place to stay after some time travelling.

We have been meaning to write a review for some time but have only got around to it now.

Staff were very helpful and friendly without being interfering. We were offered an icecream sundae as we waited for our room to be made up even though we had arrived before the designated check-in time and were happy to wait.

The location is great, with a number of restaurants and several shopping centres nearby. Although San Salvador itself is a sprawling metropolis which is difficult to get around without transport, the hotel was close to a main bus route into the city centre.

They also offered a 'taxi' service to the airport at a reasonable price which turned out to be the young guy from the hotel driving us. Much better than catching a taxi off the streets of San Salvador!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a modern hotel, with most of the amenities that you would expect. It is also reasonably priced and is within the city (the better part of the city) and is close to a large mall and a few restaurants. The service is good. We had Carlos who cleaned our rooms every day and took care of breakfast. He was a pleasure to work with. Carlos was meticulous in each of the work he did, from keeping clean towels in the room, to preparing and setting breakfast for us. And he always had a smile. He made our trip very comfortable.
The room has hot water, good bath system and the AC works well (it can be quite hot in El Salvador). The rooms are also very clean. We stayed at first in the room next to the receptionist but even so, it was quiet at night. Very comfortable. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I just returned from an 8-day stay at Villa del Angel, and we highly recommend it! We have stayed in several different hotels in San Salvador in the past, but this one is now at the top of our list (we found it thanks to Trip Advisor). It is clean and comfortable, and well located. The staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to accommodate any requests. Their hospitality really makes a big difference - Dina, Carlos, Daniel and others did a great job making us feel at home! And the price is very reasonable. My husband is Salvadoran and I have also lived there in the past, so we appreciated the great, typical Salvadoran food served for breakfast. At my husband's request, they even ensured that we had 'tortillas tostadas' and avocado every morning - which made him feel very much at home! And the location is really convenient - in a relatively safe neighborhood that is centrally located, where you can walk to a couple of restaurants and right next to an indoor mall where you can find anything else you may need. Note - this is not a luxury hotel, but a very comfortable, convenient, friendly and affordable B&B run by people who go out of their way to help you! We will definitely stay their on our next trip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Good location, the place was clean all the time, nice costumer service and the breakfast was delicious,the ownes very friendly and kind so I recommend this place for short or long stays. Oh and good prices.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Let me start with my first impressions. As I walked in, up the stairs, I was greeted by all the staff in a very friendly manner. I was even more impressed to meet Dina at the front counter, as she performed so well in her English-speaking! I learned a bit of Spanish too! Dina, along with many other staff, would go out of their way to help in the best way they could possible. They even gave me the largest room, with A/C in it! They helped me carry bags up, showed me around the hotel, and the computer desk, which I put to great use!
I loved the privatized atmosphere here, which allows you to relax and get to know the staff personally. It felt like I was home each night thereafter.
Whenever I had questions about something like finding food, places to shop, and using the computer, Dina and Daniel were so helpful!
The morning breakfasts were nice and simple, not too much and not too little. I loved the peaceful environment with the blues, greens, and white colors and solar lighting! They set a true example of being energy efficient, even moreso than in Canada!
The free computer use was very nice to have, as I could work on all my media for the day, and even create some bonus gifts for my sponsored child Lidia! It was nice to have someone to talk to, when I may feel alone, especially with Dina and Daniel as they spoke English!
I came on this trip as a sponsor and advocate for Compassion Canada on an Individual Visit to see my beautiful Lidia. I highly recommend Villa del Angel to all Compassion sponsors going on individual visits!! Everything you need plus more, the staff love to hear about your stories and experiences with your Compassion children, plus the environment one needs to have when going on these child visits. There is a safe to lock your valuables, an A/C fan with remote control, nice bed, plug-ins to charge your electronics, a nice wardrobe to put all your stuff, and very nice shower in the bathroom. Its classy, and perfect for any Compassion sponsor looking for a budget-cost abode to remain at while you go do your child visits and/or tourism.
That's another plus here! You can book amazing tours through these guys, including bilingual tour guides, and a/c vehicle! So on those days you have nothing planned, go on a city or volcano tour! Coming from Canada, one cannot be too careful about walking out alone, but I was assured by Compassion El Salvador, that this area is very safe, with a large shopping mall conveniently located just a block down. You must be alert when crossing during busy traffic, as pedestrians are not often given the right away here, as they must do in Canada!
So, my overall impression is that Villa Del Angel exceeded my expectations, is so well priced, well located, but most importantly the staff were soooo nice. Nothing wrong with this place, and if people are going to comment this as an "Excellent Place" and put a 4/5, they better re-think what they just wrote! The word excellent gets a 5! If I could give them more than 5, I would!
There is a good reason why this place and Morrison are ahead of InterContinental Real and Hilton Princess, its because the more important things are being taken into consideration: staff friendliness, quality service, and all that for a very unbeatable price!

VILLA DEL ANGEL, you are amazing, and I hope this review puts you back into #1 spot here in TripAdvisor! If I could rate you over 5, I would give you a 10!!

Room Tip: My room, #11 was great because the door out to the balcony could close tightly using the seal shutte...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Villa del angel was our entry point for a terrific 3 week holiday in El Salvador. Daniel and his team gave us a good start! Besides a nice room we made use of their taxi service and even spontaneous rental car for 3 weeks - as we did not manage to get our pre booked rental car from an international rental agency. All service came with a smile and for a nice price (and nothing pushy). So recommended, and all the best to Daniel & team!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa del Angel Hotel? Share your experiences!