“Great choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Angel Hotel

You added Villa del Angel Hotel to your Saves list
Villa del Angel Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   71 Avenida norte #219, colonia Escalon, San Salvador 00106-8000, El Salvador   |
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in San Salvador
Calgary, Canada
“Great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after arriving in San Salvador. The location was great for getting our bearings and feeling safe. The hotel has a nice vibe and friendly staff, some of which speak English. I would say the rooms are fairly priced- but you get what you pay for..the rooms are quite basic and the bathroom a bit on the small side, but I knew I wasn't staying at the Four Seasons (or paying that room rate). We really enjoyed the beakfast. A good choice of Western or El Salvadorian food.
As an added bonus, we were able to rent a car directly from the hotel owner, avoiding what I've heard can be a lengthy and sometimes dissapointing experience at one of the big rental companies. This worked out really well for us and probably made our trip to El Salvador! (Thanks Daniel).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Having read the reviews on trip advisor I expected this hotel to be really good. I was disappointed. The room is very small and the bathroom extremely small. The shower is electric and has low pressure and the thermostat fluctuates meaning you get extremely hot water sometimes. The soap dish was broken when we arrived and fixed on our last night (we stayed 3 nights). The receptionist (who I later found out was a very recent employee) was not very helpful when I had a complaint about a tour I had organised with the hotel. It was only when I got assertive with her that she agreed to phone the tour operator to try and sort my problem out.

The breakfast is adequate - the location extremely safe next to a big shopping mall .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I loved my stay at this hotel. Everything about the hotel was good. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was good including the service. The hotel is near a mall that includes many fine stores and a Starbucks. Daniel and Grace will help you with your travel and where you want to go. You will be safe in this area. Go and enjoy yourself for work or business. I was there solo.

Room Tip: Used American dollars.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Preverenges
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Staff was very nice and helpful, good deal and good location, I can recommend you to stay there. The place is also very cosy and it changes from big hotels, at Villa del Angel you will be a guest as if you were a close friend. I liked it a lot.

Room Tip: All rooms are good I guess, not very big but good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Managua, Managua, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

It was a perfect choice for us. We loved our stay and if we return to El Salvador, we are definitive going to stay here. It is not a big hotel but the atmosphere is wonderful. The owners are extremy nice and helpful like the rest of the staff. The rooms are not big but worked perfect for us. The rooms are in a perfect sieze with air con and they are very clean. The breakfast is also very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at Villa del Angel hotel in June. It was good location in a safe neighbourhood. The room was sizable with air conditioning and was very clean. Service was outstanding from the minute we arrived! We wanted to get football tickets and the owner, Daniel drove us and assisted in negotiations with the scalpers. Nothing was too much and Daniel and Grace went over and above with their hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed in this Hotel for just 2 nights. In all my reviews there is always a thrust on how human interactions and staff attitudes can make or mare your stay. This is a very small hotel with around 10 - 11 Rooms. From the outside, you cannot think of how pleasant it could be inside. But the moment you enter and meet Ms. Grace and Mr. Daniel, you change your outlook. There is warmth in their welcome and there is care in their service. I've met them only once, and it is now more than 2 months; but when I plan my next visit Hotel villa del Angel is certainly going to be my first choice. You can see effortless passion in them and their frontdesk employee Mr. Flores (I think his name), that can take your stay to a new high of customer delight. The Rooms were not very big, but sufficient in size. The Breakfast was reasonably good. The location was also good and safe. When I travelled, there was a minor earthquake and I was startled. But later I learnt that these minor things are quite common in this country and need not be worried about as most structures here are reasonably earthquake resistant. All in all, 10 on 10 for customer service. It is a very good hotel especially for a short stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Villa del Angel Hotel? Share your experiences!