“Friendly staff and a great menu!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rustico Bistro

Rustico Bistro
3 Calle Poniente y Pasaje Los Pinos #3877 | Colonia Escalon, San Salvador, El Salvador
2224.56.56
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 185 Restaurants in San Salvador
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rustico is a family runned bistro, we believe in high quality ingredients and top notch, casual and friendly service. We focus in serving beautiful but most importantly delicious food.Our Burgers are the most popular item on the menu, made of grade "A" grass-fed beef and served on homemade bread.Some other favorites are: Panini, Pulled pork sandwiches and salads.
“Friendly staff and a great menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

After reading a bunch of positive trip advisor reviews, I decided to check this place out my first night in San Salvador.

I believe I was the first guest of the evening as I arrived around quarter past 6, and the staff were extremely friendly. I was immediately told I could choose any table I wished and then brought a menu and asked if I wanted a drink promptly.

The menu includes 5 styles of hamburgers, a couple pulled pork dishes, ceviche, 6-8 paninis, and 2 salads. There were specials which I saw after ordering written on the chalkboard inside (I was on the patio) which I had not been informed of, but I assume this is because my Spanish is poor at best and the staff (other than what appeared to be the lead chef) does not speak English.

I ordered the panini tuscano ($9.50) with salad (1.99). The panini was filled with mozzarella, bacon, chicken, and caramelized onions. It was also accompanied by a hot sauce that had a sweetness to it which could be used for dipping. The house salad consists of lettuce, purple cabbage, slivered almonds, Parmesan and a side dressing of your choice. Both were delicious. Also, despite insisting I was fine without a drink, the server brought me out complementary water, which I greatly appreciated after getting a little carried away with the hot sauce.

Overall, well worth the walk. It would be nice if they had other types of burgers (chicken, turkey, fish, veggie) on the menu as they would allow for more options when getting a burger. The service was more than attentive and I was extremely impressed with the whole experience.

• Visited October 2013
ALVARO C, Owner at Rustico Bistro, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Andrea, Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review, it was our pleasure to have you as our guest, we hope you come back soon.

San Salvador, El Salvador
“A must when you visit El Salvador”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rustico is a little restaurant with a high value for taste, quantity of food, quality and service.

If you go on saturday you have to try the ceviche, and any other day the fried sweet potato, awesome!

Burgers are really good, but, for me and my wife, the pulled pork sandwich is just spectacular, we always order one burger and one pulled pork sandwich to share, so we can try more of the menu. French fries are really good.

We haven't try desserts, sandwiches are really big, you will have to decide between starter or dessert.

• Visited July 2013
ALVARO C, Owner at Rustico Bistro, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this awesome review, we hope to have back soon.
P.S. Dessert is on me ;)
Toronto, Canada
“Tasty hamburguesa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

$11 for a burger might sound overpriced; but these are one of the best burgers I ve ever tried. Lots of flavour, size is big and the bun and beef patty combination makes the difference. Really really good, it's worth a try. Bottom line, You won't regret paying the bill.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ALVARO C, Owner at Rustico Bistro, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this awesome review, serving you was our pleasure, hope to have you back soon
“delicious burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

In my opinion the best burger ever in San Salvador! is a little restaurant with 15 tables more less, and I believe they open just for lunch! also they have a bakery there as well, very delicious too! fast service! excellent prices!

• Visited August 2013
ALVARO C, Owner at Rustico Bistro, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this excellent review. We are now open for dinner, from Wednesday to Saturday from 6-9:30PM.

Thank you again and we hope to have you at the restaurant soon
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Amazing American style burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

want a big, juicy burger packed with flavor? Go here! The burgers are so big, you can share one. The french fries have a great seasoning that make you eat more than you need too. Plus, super affordable. Come early...tables fill up fast and it is a small establishment.

Visited February 2013